Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installed My Own Ambient Light

UpTheHammers

Installed my own version of ambient light taken 12v feed from headlight switch with a couple of 12v led strip from eBay

Total cost was about £10.00

Pictures don't do it any justice

SANY0030.jpg

SANY0035.jpg

SANY0031.jpg

SANY0036.jpg

• Like 1

Have you got any pics of where you run the wires from etc?

When are the lights on, all the time? :)

Looks very nice, well done. B)

Veeeery nice, i wish i could do something like this in my car, electrics is not my forte!!

Have you got any pics of where you run the wires from etc?

When are the lights on, all the time? :)

Hi

Will Try put some more pictures up of the connections into the Headlight switch and LED Strips

LEDS turn on when head lights are turned on

Now i have got to do this, i was slightly disappointed when my ZS didn't come with this after the titanium i had for 2 weeks had it. Worth a tenner i guess!... A little guide would be great dude :D :D :D :D

Great Idea,good little mod id love to do this one mine when I get it.(this month is taking forevaaaaaaaaer)

Great Idea,good little mod id love to do this one mine when I get it.(this month is taking forevaaaaaaaaer)

OK Some more pictures and how i did it

The wiring was not there so i tapped into the headlight switch box and found the wires that become live when you switch to low or high beam

Take out the Light switch with a flat screw driver as shown in picture it looks scary but the dash is made from soft material un-clip the connector from the switch run cables as you see fit and get as far as the little center tray under the temp controls then run a cable from there to the glove box splice into the switch cables The pins you need are 11 and 12 basically the two last pins (See picture)

remove glove box and insert the cables from the led strip into the hole where the Ford Ambient light would clip into(2nd from last Picture)then connect led cables up to the cable you just run i Soldered my cables and put heat shrink over them

For the center one remove gear stick cover then the blanking plate above the temp controls then pull off the silver fascia starting from the bottom it just pulls off this will allow you to get to the little tray area drill a small hole in the plastic install led strip Which you can just Cut to size (Every 3 bulbs )connect up and the led to the 12v feed Job Done

I Also installed a 12v pre-wired led just above the glove box for when i open it at night as its very dark in there See picture again just wire it to the same cable as the one feeding the led strip going across the glove box

TIP you can test your led strips with a little 9v square battery before you cut it down to far and also see what it looks like before you install

I used a 30cm led strip (cut to leave 3 leds )(£1.50)from HongKong and for the one across the glove box 60cm (£2.50) version cut down to size

SANY0043.jpg

SANY0046.jpg

SANY0057.jpg

SANY0047.jpg

SANY0048.jpg

Drill hole in top for led cable

SANY0050.jpg

Stuck on Led strip

SANY0049.jpg

SANY0052.jpg

Installed extra led to light glove box up

SANY0054.jpg

• Like 1

cheers mate, gonna deffo attempt this! :)

Have you got the eBay link?

cheers mate, gonna deffo attempt this! :)

Have you got the ebay link?

Try this seller he has loads and all colors

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/60cm-LED-Interior-Grill-Decoration-SMD-Bulbs-White-XK_W0QQitemZ180434642482QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2a02be2632

my one was very brittle so warmed it up first with a lighter (made it more flexible to work with ) before sticking it and used double sided stick pads as the one that comes with it are not very sticky

I went for red as i could cannot fined a perfect match to the Burnt orange look but goes as the needles on the dash are red

Going to install a couple of white ones in the Boot as the ford one is Poor will post pic soon

cheers mate :) been wanting to get this sorted for a while

I had to use pins 8 and 10 to get mine to work when i turned the main beam on. Also yours seem alot brighter than mine for some reason.. connecting the led's to the cigarette lighters they are really bright but the light switch part doesnt make them that bright... however if i hold my hand on the fog light button they brighten right up??? very strange.. i will post some pics up when i get the chance. look awesome tho

Jobs a goodun' I say!

And for a tenner you're laughing, and how much would this option cost from Ford out of interest?

Excellent job mate! :D

img0304ze.jpg This is only the result when i keep my finger on the fog light button

img0305fd.jpg This is normal with just the main beam on.

Seems weird to me?

I had to use pins 8 and 10 to get mine to work when i turned the main beam on. Also yours seem alot brighter than mine for some reason.. connecting the led's to the cigarette lighters they are really bright but the light switch part doesnt make them that bright... however if i hold my hand on the fog light button they brighten right up??? very strange.. i will post some pics up when i get the chance. look awesome tho

Hi J i will double check tomorrow the pin outs looks good from the pics

my lights don't dim at all

What color? did you go for in the end and where did you get them so Quick?

img0304ze.jpg This is only the result when i keep my finger on the fog light button

img0305fd.jpg This is normal with just the main beam on.

Seems weird to me?

Hi J i could not sleep last night thinking about your problem so i got up extra early to check the pins and i got it wrong it did try 7 and 12 first but could not see the connection properly as it was all wrapped up nice in black insulating tape just undone it all and the pins are 11 and 12 Sorry my mistake

Thats alright mate, thanks for looking i'll change em round see if i get more power that way..

I bought mine from a UK eBay seller on Thursday night lol... i was surprised getting them yesterday morning... also over the moon as i was going to my mates who has all the bits and bobs i needed to fit em..

you can get some sleep now mate lol

ohh also i just bought a red led 60cm bit and cut it into halves and then used 1 30cm bit for the bit above the glove box.. then cut the bit down to 3 leds and used that for the gear stick bit...

£3.49...Next day delivery :P Winning so far lol

Thats alright mate, thanks for looking i'll change em round see if i get more power that way..

I bought mine from a UK ebay seller on Thursday night lol... i was surprised getting them yesterday morning... also over the moon as i was going to my mates who has all the bits and bobs i needed to fit em..

you can get some sleep now mate lol

ohh also i just bought a red led 60cm bit and cut it into halves and then used 1 30cm bit for the bit above the glove box.. then cut the bit down to 3 leds and used that for the gear stick bit...

£3.49...Next day delivery :P Winning so far lol

I Bet you can't wait for it to get Dark again LOL :D

lol yeh dont think ive got anywhere to go today tho!!... oh btw what did you use to stick them in place... the stuff of the back of mine was a bit rubbish so i used some rather sticky double sided tape and it still comes loose!!

lol yeh dont think ive got anywhere to go today tho!!... oh btw what did you use to stick them in place... the stuff of the back of mine was a bit rubbish so i used some rather sticky double sided tape and it still comes loose!!

Double sided sticky pads from homebase about £2.50 stuck them on then cut off access works a treat