Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A/C Auto and A/C led's dim

SuttonRider

I've looked in the manual and can't find anything on this:

I have the Auto Climate Control with the LED's in the middle of the Auto and A/C controls. I noticed today with a cabin temp of around 22'c and the A/C set at 21'c and outside around 11'c after a period of time both the LED's went dim, about half brightness. I fiddled about with the A/C controls, but although the A/C seemed to work the LED's would not return to full brightness. I later stopped for 30 mins and when I drove off the LED's were at full brightness again. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Should it do that? Do I have an issue?

Picture55.jpg

12 hours ago, SuttonRider said:

I've looked in the manual and can't find anything on this:

I have the Auto Climate Control with the LED's in the middle of the Auto and A/C controls. I noticed today with a cabin temp of around 22'c and the A/C set at 21'c and outside around 11'c after a period of time both the LED's went dim, about half brightness. I fiddled about with the A/C controls, but although the A/C seemed to work the LED's would not return to full brightness. I later stopped for 30 mins and when I drove off the LED's were at full brightness again. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Should it do that? Do I have an issue?

Picture55.jpg

Does you car have an auto lights on option ?  Could it be dimming because the auto lights on has been triggered and it dims the dash etc  ?

Yes I do have auto lights I have this option on all the time. I think this may have been the issue. Today in daylight the LED's are on full brightness regardless of the Headlamp settings, I left the setting on auto and when I put the car in the garage the headlamps came on and at the same time the LED's went dim. The same thing happened in manual mode. So, thanks Avi I think you just may of hit the nail on the head.