Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus front speaker / sat nav/ phone problem

Cooper100

Hi all

i have a new focus ST line X but am having issues.

sometimes the front Speakers work and sometimes they don’t. 

When they do, the voice activated phone, sat nav instructions are fine, but when the Speakers aren’t working, neither operate. The phone connects, but I can’t hear anything. Similarly, the radio mutes when nav instructions are given, but no sound comes out.

anyone had same experience?

cheers 

Just to add, when I fade the Speakers towards the front of the car, they go silent, ie not working. 

That definitely sounds like a fault, and on a new car it should be raised with the dealer.

Is there any intermittent crackling from the front Speakers?

If you fade to front, can you hear anything at all with the volume up (be careful!!)

Have the Speakers ever gone from working to not in the same sitting?

Has it ever been just one speaker that fails, or is it always both (or all) front Speakers?

Hi yes it will be going back to the dealer

theres no crackling

nothing at all if fully faded to the front

always both fronts

example, Saturday went out twice. Didn’t work either time. 

Sunday went out twice. Worked once 

today went to work - didn’t work. Locked car and went to meeting few hours later and worked fine. Came home 5 hours later and didn’t work.

very odd

Get into the test menu and you will get a speaker sound around check.
You'll know for sure then.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thankyou. I’ll try that in the morning while I wait for the dealer to book the car in.

many thanks 

• Like 1

Hi....similar problems on my 6 month old 2019 Focus Titanium. Front Speakers go off, Sat Nav voice disappears ,also Speed Camera warning goes.

Already been back to dealer, where they did 2 software updates and solved it.

However, a month on and guess what, yes same problems back again! Add to this, Emergency Call malfunctions, Hill start assist “not available” and a digital speedo that keeps changing colour from blue to black to blue and on.

Not at all impressed at the moment, back to the dealer again next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my post on 14 October......car has been back to local Ford garage (again) and they have agreed there is a problem !
They have contacted Ford and now await a response. Am told that this will not be an individual response, just a update to software at some future date. 
Have now booked car in in one months time to test the water. 
Not ideal, but at least Ford are “aware” of the problems.

Meanwhile, just keep on pressing the emergency call button to temporarily clear the issues !

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found a solution to the front Speakers not working. I'm having the same issue in my one week old focus ST Line, sometimes the front Speakers work and sat nav/phone etc are fine. Other times I can only get sound from the rear speaker and very low sound from sat nav. There's no sound from Speakers when fully faded to the front.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Lynster said:

Has anyone found a solution to the front speakers not working. I'm having the same issue in my one week old focus ST Line, sometimes the front speakers work and sat nav/phone etc are fine. Other times I can only get sound from the rear speaker and very low sound from sat nav. There's no sound from speakers when fully faded to the front.

Thanks

There’s a thread somewhere on here called ‘Emergency Call System Malfunction’ . Sounds like similar issues. Best solution i saw was changing battery, don’t know if that worked long term tho. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2019 at 8:22 PM, Stoney871 said:

Get into the test menu and you will get a speaker sound around check.
You'll know for sure then.

How do you get the test menu up on the st line x 2019?

Turn the ignition on but don't start the car.
Change sync output to FM or AM radio.

On cars without cd player-

Simultaneously-

On the steering wheel press and hold the menu button / on radio buttons under the screen press and hold the fast forward (skip track) button until the test menu activates.

On models with a cd player it would be eject and fast forward buttons.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Have the same problem on Focus ST Line X purchased Jan3. Front Speakers not working took it to dealers and they said there is no fix all they can do is a reset.They also said that this was a known fault to Fords and supposedly a fix will  come out in April/May which may or may not fix the issue, apparently it has something to with the modem.I have contacted Ford customer services as I am proper cheesed off . I was also wondering as to whether it effects the Kuga as this is Focus based.

Also how do you temporarily resolve it via the emergency call button, where is located? Is the one on the ford pass app..

many thanks

I have exactly same issue! 2019 Focus ST line X Front Speakers dead and emergency call malfunction. *****.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue sound cuts on and off constantly through the front Speakers...... my work around has been to divert the sound through the rear Speakers in the audio settings, but the sound when making calls still cuts in and out...

The car has been into the dealers but they say it needs a replacement "module"?? that is on backorder... so who knows how long this will take to fix..

As a side issue does anyone else have a problem with the wireless charger constantly disconnecting then reconnecting? its becomming a pain as i constantly have to cancel it on the main display...

On 1/26/2020 at 6:34 PM, PaulAP said:

Have the same problem on Focus ST Line X purchased Jan3. Front speakers not working took it to dealers and they said there is no fix all they can do is a reset.

Also how do you temporarily resolve it via the emergency call button, where is located? Is the one on the ford pass app..

Read the topic "Emergency Call System Malfunction" for lots more info. Workaround involves starting an emergency call via the big red button in the headlining, near the interior lighting controls, and then cancelling it by pressing again before it connects. Also by pulling fuse 11 temporarily.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Charlie q said:

I had same problem on 2019 STLine focus no front speakers, disconnected the battery for an hour problem sorted

The old turn it off and back on again. My local dealership did the same to get my FordPass Connect app to work. After trying all of the Ford tech departments ideas. 

Don't understand why they don't try this first before trying to write a software fix

Its mechanics trying to fix a computer, like an IT person trying to fix an engine. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yerp same on my 69 plate st line x, front Speakers not worrking, refuses to connect to media I have to use a lead to play music and can’t make a call, don’t understand how they can get away with it, surely the cars not fit for purpose if you can’t use the features that you pay extra for, I am fuming mine has been back three times in less than 6 months. Booked in again for next week , keep getting told as it’s an intermittent problem there’s not much they can do if it works in the day 

• 2 months later...

I have had a similar problem with the front Speakers but it is intermittent. It started when I got an emergency call system malfunction and the front Speakers went silent. I checked with fade and left to right balance as you have done. The dealer reset the software and the error message has gone away but the Speakers still work intermittently. Sat nav directions also silent.

Alongside that my auto start stop rarely works. I have had a collision damage warning appear with no obstacles in front of me. But of most concern is that my engine has started spontaneously after parking and as I was just about to exit the car. Has happened 4 times in total. Not much I can do at the moment but thought it was worth sharing to see if others have had similar issues. My Focus is a 2019 Ecoboost ST-X. I have brought it into the dealer twice but they cannot replicate the starting problem, but have tried to rectify the other issues.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! 

I’m also having the same issue with my front Speakers, brand new focus ST which is a replacement car for my 2013 Focus with the transmission issue. It’s back at the dealership for the 6th time since Nov 2019 to have it looked at. Has anyone complained to Ford Australia about it? I’ve been told by the dealership and the customer service team that it’s not a common problem and that my car is an isolated case (despite one of the stock cars at the dealership having the same problem). 

• 3 months later...

Late to the party but having the same issue. New ford Kuga, 2 months. If i let the car parked for a while the Speakers work again. Went 3 times to the dealership, was just told it is a common problem and there will be a software update in october to fix it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club