Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Door locks

dadski

Hello, First time poster.

Hope some one can help....

My focus (v reg) has a big problem.

The rear drivers side door is locked and i cant open it . The child locks are on, and the inner and outer door handles just 'pull' but does not release the door opening mechanism.

i have taken the inner door skin\ trim off (hacked) ,any ideas where to start with getting the door open.

A garage said they can do it for £400 ish but would like to have a go myself.

Any help however small will be taken on board.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, First time poster.

Hope some one can help....

My focus (v reg) has a big problem.

The rear drivers side door is locked and i cant open it . The child locks are on, and the inner and outer door handles just 'pull' but does not release the door opening mechanism.

i have taken the inner door skin\ trim off (hacked) ,any ideas where to start with getting the door open.

A garage said they can do it for £400 ish but would like to have a go myself.

Any help however small will be taken on board.

Thanks.

Interesting - I'm suffering exactly the same fault. I'm equally baffled, as I can't even see how to remove the interior trim panel. I'm guessing that the problem is the lock motor (hence the £400-00 quote???), but can't see how this can be removed from the door, without first opening it... Has anyone got any ideas out there?

Many thanks....

try locking and unlocking the car quickley a few times this can sometimes shock the door motor onto working, if not you will have to see if you can manually open it from inside the car door, it could be a rod or linkage which has come unattached or broken if you can get the door open it will allow you to investigate the problem further

Hiya

I know of a number of diff cars having the same problem it is a faulty door lock and some times the only way to get the door open is to break the motor/lock itself the pug 406 use to have the same problem and the fiat stilo/188 punto, the cost is more labour than a door lock, and some times you can shock the lock by locking and unlocking but be aware you can over heat the motors and will stop working for a few seconds while they cool down, it would pay to try and give it ago yourself i work in a garage and the past week we have done a few door locks on diff cars with the same fault. it does take abit of time to free/break the lock free without too much damage.

Good luck my friends <_< <_< :rolleyes::rolleyes::unsure::unsure:

• 6 months later...
Hiya

I know of a number of diff cars having the same problem it is a faulty door lock and some times the only way to get the door open is to break the motor/lock itself the pug 406 use to have the same problem and the fiat stilo/188 punto, the cost is more labour than a door lock, and some times you can add shock absorber by locking and unlocking but be aware you can over heat the motors and will stop working for a few seconds while they cool down, it would pay to try and give it ago yourself i work in a garage and the past week we have done a few door locks on diff cars with the same fault. it does take abit of time to free/break the lock free without too much damage.

Good luck my friends <_< <_< :rolleyes::rolleyes::unsure::unsure:

Thanks for this tip. I really learned alot by just reading around. My friend used to have this same problem too. I'll try to tell him this tip. It might help him as well. Thanks.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club