Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Car Hunt Starts Friday! :d

Nug878

Two Mk4 Fiestas within 10 miles that I'm test driving Friday afternoon.

One my Dad has seen on the side of the road, know nothing about that yet though.

The other one I passed twice today in the works van, second time I stopped and asked about it. V reg Zetec 1.25, local car, nearly FSH, new brakes all round, nearly new tyres all round, 71,000 miles, 3 owners from new and looks mint to be honest. Only thing he's looking for about £1,700 for it which would be too much. But I'm known to be a bit of a haggler and I like a challenge. :P

One my Dad has seen on the side of the road, know nothing about that yet though.

The other one I passed twice today in the works van, second time I stopped and asked about it. V reg Zetec 1.25, local car, nearly FSH, new brakes all round, nearly new tyres all round, 71,000 miles, 3 owners from new and looks mint to be honest. Only thing he's looking for about £1,700 for it which would be too much. But I'm known to be a bit of a haggler and I like a challenge. :P

Good luck with the hunt. :)

I bought an R-reg MK4 1.25 LX, (60k miles, 3 owners, minimal history) for £1700 in 2004! That sounds really high.

I bought an R-reg MK4 1.25 LX, (60k miles, 3 owners, minimal history) for £1700 in 2004! That sounds really high.

Maybe if it was a mk5 then yeah it wouldnt be such a bad price, but as good as the car looks its not worth that much I dont think.

£1,700 for a v reg is dear i would knock him down (not in that sort of way :lol: ) what mot and tax has it got on it.

£1,700 for a v reg is dear i would knock him down (not in that sort of way :lol: ) what mot and tax has it got on it.

Not sure I didn't ask, I couldn't stay there long because I was still working and was in a rush to get the deliveries done. :lol:

Not sure I didn't ask, I couldn't stay there long because I was still working and was in a rush to get the deliveries done. :lol:

:lol: a car hunt in the works van use there diseal up :lol:

:lol: a car hunt in the works van use there diseal up :lol:

Shhhhh. :lol:

It was on the way to a customer's house anyway ... Sort of. :)

Shhhhh. :lol:

It was on the way to a customer's house anyway ... Sort of. :)

With abit of a detour :lol:

Nice one Luke, i would never pay that much for a MK4, keep it below £1400 and even for that haggle like a moose!

Nice one Luke, i would never pay that much for a MK4, keep it below £1400 and even for that haggle like a moose!

I wont be paying that much, I don't care what nick it's in. And the garage it's at is known to be quite dear anyway. The other Fiesta is £995 apparently but I don't even know what trim level is so we shall see on Friday.

Well good luck with it all!

Keep us all well informed. I'm quite jealous! I have a mate from school who is car hunting this weekend also, boooo

I wont be paying that much, I don't care what nick it's in. And the garage it's at is known to be quite dear anyway. The other Fiesta is £995 apparently but I don't even know what trim level is so we shall see on Friday.

Make sure its not blue :lol: i was thinking then i wish my car had black trim dash bored and that so that i could put a bit of chrome with it.

Ooh I definitely will. :D

I don't mind what colour it is to be honest. I don't think I dislike any of the colours in the mk4 range, the £1,700 one is a dark metallic green. Nice colour actually, got a picture on my phone but my USB cable is in my sister's room and shes dead to the world so I better wait til tomorrow til I get the picture up lol.

Just don't get the stupid "is it purple or blue?" colour, vile.

Just don't get the stupid "is it purple or blue?" colour, vile.

Don't mind the purple one i could live with it.

I don't mind what colour it is to be honest. I don't think I dislike any of the colours in the mk4 range, the £1,700 one is a dark metallic green. Nice colour actually, got a picture on my phone but my USB cable is in my sister's room and shes dead to the world so I better wait til tomorrow til I get the picture up lol.

The really dark metalic green or the more green one? I had the really dark green on my first Fiesta:

dsc02123im.jpg

I really never intended to buy a green car with a beige interior, but it was a good car at the right price and I wasn't actually that picky when it came down to it!

I'd much prefer a beige interior, warm blue is boooooooring

Coysht - Am I colourblind or does that photo make the car look really blue? Saying that my lappy screens on the way out so might just be that.

Nug - A good reference for buying a used car is What Cars Valuation if you haven't already used it. I ran one for the V reg that you saw... http://www.whatcar.com/valuations/result?makeId=1&modelId=1377&editionId=1384&yearId=20&mileage=71000 :)

Coysht - Am I colourblind or does that photo make the car look really blue? Saying that my lappy screens on the way out so might just be that.

Looks green on my laptop, but its pretty hard to tell in that photo. People occasionally thought it was blue or black when they saw the actual car, so its not exactly the most 'green' green.

Are you colourblind? - possibly :P

The really dark metalic green or the more green one? I had the really dark green on my first Fiesta:

I really never intended to buy a green car with a beige interior, but it was a good car at the right price and I wasn't actually that picky when it came down to it!

Not that green, not as dark. I'll get the pic up in a minute. :)

Nug - A good reference for buying a used car is What Cars Valuation if you haven't already used it. I ran one for the V reg that you saw... http://www.whatcar.com/valuations/result?makeId=1&modelId=1377&editionId=1384&yearId=20&mileage=71000 :)

£1,200 then roughly. Which is good, £1,300 is the most I really want to go. (Need to have a bit of money left over for petrol for the month! :lol: )

Photo0008.jpg?t=1268935287

This is the £1,700 one.

Good luck with the car hunt! This is your first car I take it? That one is a good first car I never had any probs. I would shop around tho because despite what has been said on here £1000 is a bit steep in the current climate, do lots of research there's a lot of charlatans out there! Good luck anyway! :-)

Good luck with the car hunt! This is your first car I take it? That one is a good first car I never had any probs. I would shop around tho because despite what has been said on here £1000 is a bit steep in the current climate, do lots of research there's a lot of charlatans out there! Good luck anyway! :-)

Noooo. This is my 4th car. Looking for a smaller car now though as a) I don't need a big car. B) between Novemeber and January (2009/2010) I had a speeding fine and a car accident ... Result. A very big insurance rise.