Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash lights

IRONMAN

Hi, I'm looking for help with a dash problem. With the last 3 days when starting my 08 focus (petrol engine) the arrow up light (maximum engine rpm light) and the engine light (both on the dash) remain on for about 30 seconds after the car starts and then go out. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the car its running fine. When turning on the dims they won't activate until the two dash lights go out. I disconnected the battery for about 10 mins to reset the system but the problem still remains. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Thanks Ian I ran the scan every thing seems OK but i don't know what i'm looking for , My mechanic recons I need a dash cluster overhaul 190 euros and he hasn't even seen it . I'll go to a guy with a scanner tomorrow Thanks for your help

30 minutes ago, IRONMAN said:

Thanks Ian I ran the scan every thing seems OK but i don't know what i'm looking for , My mechanic recons I need a dash cluster overhaul 190 euros and he hasn't even seen it . I'll go to a guy with a scanner tomorrow Thanks for your help

There is issues with the soldering in the MK2 cluster and peeps have fixed it themselves but apparently the connections are very small and fiddly.

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

There is issues with the soldering in the MK2 cluster and peeps have fixed it themselves but apparently the connections are very small and fiddly.

Ya Ian I think this is one for a pro, I've done some wiring and soldering but its a good thing to know your limits. Cheers 👍

• Like 1

Even if you think you can’t solder it yourself it might save money to do the removal / dismantling yourself and give someone just the circuit board to resolder the connection pins. 32 pins I think.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club