Sign in to follow this  
Haz619

Sync 3 extremely slow

Hi all, I have a sync 3 system on my 17 mondeo

it was on version 2.2 so I downloaded version 3 from the ford website. I followed the instructions and inserted a the usb stick, it showed that it was updated and that it would take effect after a restart of the system.

now in system settings it shows that I’m on version 3 but ever touch takes anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds, the gps is unusable, the update was done about two days ago and the car has been restarted several times since then.

anyone any experience with this? Thank you

On 10/9/2019 at 5:29 PM, Haz619 said:

Hi all, I have a sync 3 system on my 17 mondeo

it was on version 2.2 so I downloaded version 3 from the ford website. I followed the instructions and inserted a the usb stick, it showed that it was updated and that it would take effect after a restart of the system.

now in system settings it shows that I’m on version 3 but ever touch takes anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds, the gps is unusable, the update was done about two days ago and the car has been restarted several times since then.

anyone any experience with this? Thank you

Hi, I have the same problem... Any ideas? 

I had/ Have this issue too, I have a workaround not really a fix. Once you have upgraded to 3.0 go back to the Ford website and download the new maps 8.0gb (needs a 32gb stick??)

Install this update, If your car is like mine this will not solve your problem either, the interfaces will still lag and the map update doesn't appear to take (mine still says version EU 4 14),

However, if you leave the update USB plugged in (the 8gb maps one) everything will work as it used to.

Each time you start your car it will give you the updating sync message for a couple of minutes, then say the update is complete you hit OK and carry on. everything works as it used to from the moment you press the start button.

I don't know why this has happened, but as it appears a few of us are having the same issue, it would appear that Ford have released a dodgy update.

I called my local ford dealer for a little help with this and they didn't even bother calling back, so looks like we are on our own with this one.