Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 extremely slow

Haz619

Hi all, I have a sync 3 system on my 17 mondeo

it was on version 2.2 so I downloaded version 3 from the ford website. I followed the instructions and inserted a the usb stick, it showed that it was updated and that it would take effect after a restart of the system.

now in system settings it shows that I’m on version 3 but ever touch takes anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds, the gps is unusable, the update was done about two days ago and the car has been restarted several times since then.

anyone any experience with this? Thank you

• 2 months later...

On 10/9/2019 at 5:29 PM, Haz619 said:

it was on version 2.2 so I downloaded version 3 from the ford website. I followed the instructions and inserted a the usb stick, it showed that it was updated and that it would take effect after a restart of the system.

now in system settings it shows that I’m on version 3 but ever touch takes anywhere between 5 and 20 seconds, the gps is unusable, the update was done about two days ago and the car has been restarted several times since then.

Hi, I have the same problem... Any ideas? 

• 5 months later...

Did you guys resolve this issue? I am experioencing the same thing. Factory reset multiple times.

• 2 weeks later...

I had/ Have this issue too, I have a workaround not really a fix. Once you have upgraded to 3.0 go back to the Ford website and download the new maps 8.0gb (needs a 32gb stick??)

Install this update, If your car is like mine this will not solve your problem either, the interfaces will still lag and the map update doesn't appear to take (mine still says version EU 4 14),

However, if you leave the update USB plugged in (the 8gb maps one) everything will work as it used to.

Each time you start your car it will give you the updating sync message for a couple of minutes, then say the update is complete you hit OK and carry on. everything works as it used to from the moment you press the start button.

I don't know why this has happened, but as it appears a few of us are having the same issue, it would appear that Ford have released a dodgy update.

I called my local ford dealer for a little help with this and they didn't even bother calling back, so looks like we are on our own with this one.

• 7 months later...
On 10/9/2019 at 4:29 PM, Haz619 said:

I did the same last night 19th feb 2021. Updated now unusable and does not respond. Have you spoken to Ford yet for a resolve ? Mine was fine before the update. If you can update me please email me Philip.tivey2@ntlworld.com. I also have a 2017 mondeo 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have an answer but just a couple of things that might help. After you did the update with a USB pen did you then go back on line to the ford site and upload the finish file so that Ford knows what version software you now have and importantly make you awear of any further updates you now might need.

Also have you tried a full Master/Factory reset on the newly installed Sync3.

• 1 month later...

We found a fix for this! I had this for our S-Max, really frustrating. This was after speaking to our dealer (who have been good to be fair but disappointing here). They said it would have to have a new module, ours must have been faulty and didn't survive the update... bulls**t.

Make sure you have the latest maps version. Sounds odd, but I think the problem is, that the new sync doesn't play nice with old loaded maps. As soon as the new maps update was loaded, it was as quick as before.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi every one just like you i update my 2017 ford mondeo sync 3. My sat nav gps would pick any streets and my sync 3 was very slow changing from radio to setting to climax etc. I contacted my local for garage and after cuple min telling them i was not the only person with this problem they admitted ford was at fault and my sync 3 needed a new module which ford fitted free of charge..this cost ford just under £1000. 

• Sad 1

• 4 months later...

Hi All, 

New to the forum, so apologies for dragging up an old thread but it is the only one i can find with my exact issue. 

Has anyone found a fix for this yet? I have the same issue with my 2016 smax. I updated (wish i hadn't) to the most recent sync update, it was fine for a few days but now it very very slow, doing anything on the screen takes forever. However, if i leave the USB in, its fine (has the updated message).  I have done a reset and master reset, no change. 

Ford has said to disconnect the battery for 30 mins which i will try.

Tempted to update the maps as i says i need an update, but dont want to make anything worse! 

Cheers!

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, did you update the maps as well? That completely fixed it for us.

4 hours ago, welshie_miles said:

Hi, did you update the maps as well? That completely fixed it for us.

Hi, I didn't update the maps, but it seems that it has fixed itself, now running normal (touch wood) and has been for a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've updated my galaxy 2018 to the latest sync and maps and experienced this annoying lag. Temp solution has been to plug in the USB which had the update files. Instantly back to normal. 

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Did anyone manage to solve this without having to have a new module? I seem to have the same issue.

Updated to Sync 3.0

VERY laggy afterwards (10 secs for a button push to register)

If I leave the USB stick in there is no lag (The stick can have either the maps on it or Fords Interrogator file and either will make the lag go away)

Tried to update maps but the update just won't stick, keeps telling me to key cycle and never actually completes.

• Sad 1

On 10/30/2022 at 4:37 PM, RipGroove99 said:

Did anyone manage to solve this without having to have a new module? I seem to have the same issue.

Updated to Sync 3.0

VERY laggy afterwards (10 secs for a button push to register)

If I leave the USB stick in there is no lag (The stick can have either the maps on it or Fords Interrogator file and either will make the lag go away)

Tried to update maps but the update just won't stick, keeps telling me to key cycle and never actually completes.

Only by upating rhe maps. Strange, you can't update yours and know for sure? Try a fresh USB install or an other key? Just guessing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club