Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 1.5D multiple faults

Hansol2000

My 2017 Fiesta Titanium 1.5D ( 120HP ) Decided to have a bit of an electronic freak out today. When I started up I had error messages for Hill start assist and warning lights for ABS and traction control. 

I thought a wheel sensor must be dodgy, put it in reverse and got a message saying park pilot unavailable,  camera came on but no beepers. Started driving and realized it wont go into eco mode and the start stop isn't working either. Obviously not a wheel sensor causing such unrelated faults. The car is driving perfectly and goes into Ford on Tuesday.

Has anyone had these multiple unrelated faults before or want to hazard a guess ?  I'm going for software glitch as it's an early new shape, but time will tell

Low battery voltage possibly? A failing battery can have enough power to start the car but not enough to run all the electronics bare in mind it take a few seconds for the alternator to get to full out put long enough to trigger warnings which won't clear till next restart and if the battery is still weak rinse and repeat. Just a thought based on what you describe.

It's a possibility,  but I can now add lane keep assist to the list of non functioning systems. I'm getting more convinced it a computer module somewhere is going senile.

On the plus side I'm getting better mpg without the eco mode working 😀

20191008_073527.jpg

20191008_073519.jpg

Not had multiple issues in one go like yours Paul but I've had a couple like the instrument cluster failing and then steering column lock malfunction. 

Add in the GPS failure issue and the electronic systems are what makes me worry about keeping the car outside of warranty.

Just don't fancy a £1K bill (guess) for a new APIM just outside of warranty 😲

Hope it's something simple on yours.

Went into Fords today. They diagnosed the fault as a rodent having a rear brake sensor as a handy snack. Obviously the cause of the brake system errors and driving the associated computer nuts. 

Easy fix once the parts are in, but does show how modern cars really are laptops on wheels.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club