Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

1 hour ago, Luke_Anderson said:

I did the all in one file and it has the same issue as Phil. Also noticed that I can’t seem to get rid of the climate from the sync? I knew I should have stuck with what I had 😂

Not even with forscan?

matt

Update now in progress...

Nope. Still does it.

Interestingly though, the theme has gone back to the GT one I was using before. The other times I've flashed 3.4 it has used the MY20 theme.

I've not done a master reset yet, but I wonder if there is some as-built setting which needs changing.

@Tezza Mind sharing your APIM as-built so I can compare?

21 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Nope. Still does it.

Interestingly though, the theme has gone back to the GT one I was using before. The other times I've flashed 3.4 it has used the MY20 theme.

I've not done a master reset yet, but I wonder if there is some as-built setting which needs changing.

Phil,

how long did yours take to upload ?  and sure guess you will be wanting it in forscan format lol

Yes please. If you can dump the abt file that'd be great, or a screenshot!

About 34 mins but that was using an SSD usb drive. 

3 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Yes please. If you can dump the abt file that'd be great, or a screenshot!

About 34 mins but that was using an SSD usb drive. 

Right not bad 18.2gb in 35 mins mine too 65 mins lol

ok will have to load forscan back on my laptop then as i dont use it lol, so you want me to save the APIM config and send you the atb file ?

Yes please. I don't want you to go to loads of hassle though...

EDIT::: Actually @Tezza, Before you do go to trouble, a master reset seems to have fixed it!

25 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Just a someone come to have the radio icons put on, he used the same files as me and his works just like mine nav voice etc just don't understand why yours isn't 

29 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

EDIT::: Actually @Tezza, Before you do go to trouble, a master reset seems to have fixed it!

Really ???

So nav working as it should ?

Yes, all working fine!!! I'd love to know about these logos though 🙂

8 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Yes, all working fine!!! I'd love to know about these logos though 🙂

Did you try this in forscan

https://ffclub.ru/search/posts/?q=radio logo&topicid=418797&utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

If you did and no success looks like its a ucds program fix only  

Ok, install went ok. 

But the screen is dark as *****, changing the brightness doesn’t do anything. It just resets to middle. 

Edit, ignition on and it’s dark  ignition off and it’s fine  weird  

Matt

• Confused 1

But have noticed that compatible mobile apps on my iPhone now work over bt, not just when plugged in. Which is cool. 

2 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Nope. Still does it.

Before the " Ford Hacks " site got taken down recently Sync3.4 release was shown as for MY20 vehicles only  ?

1 hour ago, Tezza said:

Did you try this in forscan

https://ffclub.ru/search/posts/?q=radio logo&topicid=418797&utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals

If you did and no success looks like its a ucds program fix only  

I've not tried anything in Forscan yet but I will! Thanks for this, I need to revert to the MY20 theme as well. I've always liked the GT theme, but for that to work you have to have the GT splash screen, which always felt a bit like glueing and st badge on it. That and while the GT background is nice, the text colour doesn't quite work now. I'll perhaps see about disabling the climate repeater too. I'd keep it if it worked properly...

Master reset is the key after finishing the install.

Otherwise all working well. If I post up the list of files used (basically Tezza's reformat.lst file, plus the licence file), people can download the matching files from the link in the tutorial?

Make it snappy! I need to go and sort mine out 😂

• Like 1

So, is this upgrade considered safe / stable for applying to sync3.0 ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

So, is this upgrade considered safe / stable for applying to sync3.0 ?

Jury is still out on that one, Clive.  Alex reckons it was pretty buggy, but Tezza and I have not seen the same bugs - Tezza from the start, me after flashing Tezza's files.  I'm happy to report back after I've had some time to live with it, but generally the system seems a whole lot more responsive than before...

in about 5 mins I'll throw a little explanation together (though its fairly well explained on the guide linked, just different files used).  If those who are interested but a bit unsure grab the files (before we lose access), then those of use who have done it can report back if we have problems.  Gives folk time to decide...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can you give a definitive do-all-one-stop post for luddites like me with correct links and guidance?

Right, master reset done.  Reflshed again.  Screen is dimmed when engine running/ignition on. Ignition off and it’s the correct brightness. 

Swapping over to my main APIM on 3.0 the screen is bright like it normally is. 

Many ideas? Apart from that 3.4 seems stable and a good build. 

Matt

OK guys.  Usual disclaimers apply.  Help will be given for those who have problems, but this is on your own head!  For those who couldn't be arsed to read the rest of the thread, this is for the most part irreversible - if you are currently on 3.0, there is no way back.  You could ask Alex very nicely on how to restore 3.3, but I don't know how. 

It is highly advisable to keep the engine running during update as any interruption to the process may brick your APIM. You've been warned.

I am not knowledgeable on how this has been enabled, or any of the wizardry behind it.  I have simply followed other instructions and sought @Tezza's assistance to get this working.  I know as much as you do, but this is a process that has worked for both Tezza and myself. 

Credit for this goes to Russian forums for discovering it, the guy who wrote the tutorial linked in the first post for translating it and providing the first process, and especially @Tezza for bringing it to FFOC!

NO THANKS HERE.  GO GIVE IT TO ONE OF THOSE THREE!

This guide is for build 19101, the tutorial Tezza linked is 19200. I found the 19200 worked fine, but searching for an address was awkward - see the video on one of my previous posts on this thread.

2 USB stick required, one at least 1GB, one upto 32GB if you want ALL the EU maps, 16GB should be fine just for UK.  Format them to FAT32, or exFAT - so they are recognised by your car.

24 minutes ago, matt77303 said:

Right, master reset done.  Reflshed again.  Screen is dimmed when engine running/ignition on. Ignition off and it’s the correct brightness. 

Swapping over to my main APIM on 3.0 the screen is bright like it normally is. 

Many ideas? Apart from that 3.4 seems stable and a good build. 

Matt

Have you got auto headlights on?  It's probably not dark enough to trip it, but thats all I can think of...

Tried that. It’s really weird. And annoying. 3.4 looks great except I can’t see ***** all on the screen lol. 

You master reset after your reflash, I'm guessing?

I'm getting inklings in the old grey matter about illumination strategies in the APIM configuration.

With sync on (so that you can see the screen) hold next track and eject simultaneously until a speaker test begins.

After that, click on APIM configuration and scroll down until you get to Illumination strategy. I think it should be FoE. No idea what it stands for or what the other option was, bit I remember ages ago when i was ***** around with this that the other setting made the screen much dimmer - like it does when you edit the BCM with Forscan.

This is what I found out at the time. It may help:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19oroStPr5WlZD-sKa2VZzHZiV2_nc0R4yM2ylRnsuVU/edit?usp=drivesdk

@Phil21185 great write up and easy to follow , today i have spent 2 hours going through all the menu's setting , voice control, map  trying lots of different route's asking for POI's ie pubs restaurants,petrol station, and tuning dab,fm stations all with positive results. the only thing i have found is when the screen goes from day/night is flickers slightly but i can live with that .

So i'm going to the next stage of going from build 19101 to 19200 got the files sorted so will report back after im happy with the result.