Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

Interesting! Why do you think this will cause that? 
Only other issues I’m getting is the same nav command fault as Phil which is annoying. But also the screen isn’t shutting off fully until the car goes into its 30 minute sleep, if it’s dark you can just see it. Any ideas? 

To be truthful it comes with so many warnings about adaptors and the fact it’s a beta version that I don’t want to be responsible for anyone bricking anything. If you go onto the forum and send a pm to the site admin then they will send you the link. 

13 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

Interesting! Why do you think this will cause that? 
Only other issues I’m getting is the same nav command fault as Phil which is annoying. But also the screen isn’t shutting off fully until the car goes into its 30 minute sleep, if it’s dark you can just see it. Any ideas? 

With having 2 units i did the exact install on the second unit except i add the licence file and now i get the same message as you ,

As for your screen problem you need to change the strategy in APIM try your fake UCDS  and in DE05 change CGEA 1.3 to C1MCA and that'll cure your issue

2 minutes ago, Tezza said:

With having 2 units i did the exact install on the second unit except i add the licence file and now i get the same message as you ,

As for your screen problem you need to change the strategy in APIM try your fake UCDS  and in DE05 change CGEA 1.3 to C1MCA and that'll cure your issue

The fake Ucds is dead! Updating the software wiped the adaptor. I did it in forscan though, you can edit the asbuilt to change the strategy. So that’s that issue solved! I’ll try installing again without the license file and see how I get on, then we just need to figure out why your voice navigation works differently to everyone else’s! 😂

@Luke_Anderson nice work.

I'm running a stable 19101. I don't have any problems with nav commands at all now, and I've just tinkered with my as built to revert to classic ford themes, which is MY20 in this case.

I don't have an install in progress message either, so it looks like both of those issues relate to 19200 if you have used the same voice, voice nav and map files as Tezza and me.

The only way to know for sure is to do a fresh install of 19101, then of 19200 with the same support files and see what the difference is.

Interestingly Forscan notified me that there was an update today. Wonder if that beta is finished and being rolled out now? Haven't updated yet.

How did you solve the nav command issue? 

Just now, Luke_Anderson said:

How did you solve the nav command issue? 

By copying Tezzas install. Which put me on 19101. 

Either it's the build of the apps file causing it, or a difference in the support files (voice, voice_nav, etc).

As I say, only way to know for sure is to do two identical installs, one with 19101 as the apps file, one with 19200.

Not even sure what feature differences are between the two...

So with that in mind what does your install look like. What were the final files you used? 

Not sure now without getting to my laptop.

Will post it later. Pretty sure it is as I put in the write up a few pages ago but will confirm it for you later when I don't have a 2 year old clambering all over me 🙂

• Like 1

Cheers mate! The As built and firmware side I am 100% on it’s just so annoying having that warning! 

Oddly, if the car fully shuts down I don’t get the warning, if it only does a soft shutdown ( like popping into a shop ) then I get the warning 🤔

Bit the bullet and did a 2 file update took 8 mins to do and i'm now on 19200 and its working fine , not noticed anything different about it tho 

• Like 1

Did you do the reformat method or an autoinstall update ? 

42 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Bit the bullet and did a 2 file update took 8 mins to do and i'm now on 19200 and its working fine , not noticed anything different about it tho 

Which two files?

Okay so just tried 19200 without the license file and no change, still getting install in progress 😔 now trying 19101 without the license file 

The license file apparently just enables updates via autoinstall.

I’m fairly sure I had this installation in progress warning with 19101 as well. 

So am I the only person getting this now then? 

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

Which two files?

Used these 2 

update 2.jpg

Right. So I tried 19101 same issue, tried sync 3.3, same issue. Something I am doing isn’t right. @Phil21185 @Tezza did you guys have this at all? Did it just eventually stop or did you not have it in the first place? 

That looks like apps build (which it will be if you're on 19200) and enhanced DAB.

No problems?

I had it on 2 installs of 19200. The first one the nav commands didn't respond at all. I mentioned this to the guy that wrote the guide (my comments are all over his webpage :)) and he said he'd made a mistake with the files and he'd reupload when he got in from work.

After that he provided a different link for the voice_nav file and also repaired the link for the reformat.lst.

This was also 19200 and seemed to be stable apart from the fact that the find an address command was awkward. Functioning, but awkward.

Then I asked Tezza which files he used and performed an identical install. Did a master reset and it was fine.

@Luke_Anderson I did notice that one of your files had a typo in the reformat.lst. Did you correct this in your later installs? Did you also perform a master reset after installing?

1 minute ago, Phil21185 said:

I had it on 2 installs of 19200. The first one the nav commands didn't respond at all. I mentioned this to the guy that wrote the guide (my comments are all over his webpage :)) and he said he'd made a mistake with the files and he'd reupload when he got in from work.

After that he provided a different link for the voice_nav file and also repaired the link for the reformat.lst.

This was also 19200 and seemed to be stable apart from the fact that the find an address command was awkward. Functioning, but awkward.

Then I asked Tezza which files he used and performed an identical install. Did a master reset and it was fine.

@Luke_Anderson I did notice that one of your files had a typo in the reformat.lst. Did you correct this in your later installs? Did you also perform a master reset after installing?

I did correct the file name and master reset everytime only thing I can think of is that my apim came from a c-max originally and not a focus. Can’t see that making the difference though. Would you mind sending me the exact list of yours and Tezzas install to see where I’m going wrong? 

4 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

Right. So I tried 19101 same issue, tried sync 3.3, same issue. Something I am doing isn’t right. @Phil21185 @Tezza did you guys have this at all? Did it just eventually stop or did you not have it in the first place? 

Never had that problem on my first install but have on the second one just by adding the licence file,  going to reinstall it using the exact files as i did on the first one to see what happens 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club