Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

So I’ve tried everything forscan support has suggested, reducing the latency etc. 

Looks like I’m looking for a new cable lol. 

Matt

Brilliant. Ordered. Thanks very much. 

You still free of that annoying installing message?

its becoming more regular on mine  

matt

I am! I haven’t had it once since I started from scratch. It’s hard to say what fixed it really! 

Coolio, when I upgrade my firmware I’ll try the install again. See if that gets rid of it. 

Matt

I like it, the new theme is good. And overall seems abit snappier. 

Also seems to of fixed a couple of annoying things I had on 3.0

Matt

13 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

So is it worth the upgrade. If I follow your guide @Phil21185 will I have any issues. 

I didn't, but then it seems to vary. If you use the files I used, the only thing you might get is a message every time you boot up saying installation in progress. This message can be ignored safely.

I didn't get this at all with my install, and others have gotten rid of it by reinstalling.

• 2 weeks later...
I've not tried anything in Forscan yet but I will! Thanks for this, I need to revert to the MY20 theme as well. I've always liked the GT theme, but for that to work you have to have the GT splash screen, which always felt a bit like glueing and st badge on it. That and while the GT background is nice, the text colour doesn't quite work now. I'll perhaps see about disabling the climate repeater too. I'd keep it if it worked properly...
Master reset is the key after finishing the install.
Otherwise all working well. If I post up the list of files used (basically Tezza's reformat.lst file, plus the licence file), people can download the matching files from the link in the tutorial?

I updated to 3.4 but seem to have lost the ability to have the GT theme, just the standard ford and then the Lincoln are there more theme options for forscan. I have seen the boot animations but am looking for themes themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, the GT theme does not work well with 3.4. The text wraps oddly, the text labels become dark grey and very hard to read against the background. 

I have now ditched it, but you should be able to retain it by editing the as built. 

I can't remember which bits off the top of my head, but the main info is in a spreadsheet on f150 forums called APIM configurations, or it is linked in the first post of the stickied sync 2 conversion thread by luke.

I have gone in and changed the addresses to what the GT theme requires but it just defaults out to the 2020 Ford theme

• 2 weeks later...

What's the best way to downgrade away from 3.4?

It's ok, but I have an annoying issue with the screen brightness flickering - generally in dark mode, but when it's still fairly light.

I have a couple of sync 3.2/3.3 updates (the autoinstall.lst type).  I assume these can be used by formatting the emmc again and using reinstall.lst?

However, the updates seem partial updates.  Where is the best place to get an original setup list, so I can then download them from the ford server as normal?

On 10/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, Luke_Anderson said:

I am! I haven’t had it once since I started from scratch. It’s hard to say what fixed it really! 

Hi pal,

How long did the apim firmware upgrade take via forscan?

Cheers,

Mark

2 hours ago, vibeone said:

Hi pal,

How long did the apim firmware upgrade take via forscan?

Cheers,

Mark

About half hour 👍🏻

7 hours ago, Luke_Anderson said:

About half hour 👍🏻

Cheers. I’ve ordered the cable you linked to above (needed one anyway). Fairly easy or scary?

On 10/15/2019 at 7:56 AM, Luke_Anderson said:

To be truthful it comes with so many warnings about adaptors and the fact it’s a beta version that I don’t want to be responsible for anyone bricking anything. If you go onto the forum and send a pm to the site admin then they will send you the link. 

Any chance you can send it to me, i'm the creator of the original tutorial, happy to prove it if you email admin at cyanlabs.net i've asked forscan before but they never shared it.

If i can get this forscan build i will document the whole process and update the guide with fully working files.

(i also won't share the files) 

Thanks.

Any chance you can send it to me, i'm the creator of the original tutorial, happy to prove it if you email admin at cyanlabs.net i've asked forscan before but they never shared it.
If i can get this forscan build i will document the whole process and update the guide with fully working files.
(i also won't share the files) 
Thanks.

Yes I’m trying to get the 2.4 beta as well. The developer says he’s trying to post an update on the forums but hasn’t yet

Hey guys, Fma965 from the Cyanlabs website here.

I have just made a massive overhaul to the installation procedure thanks to @Tezza @Phil21185 and others for finding some preferred files. I personally get the installation in progress message on my install of 19200 it's never bothered me though.

Please let me know what you think and if you have any improvements for the guide, it's been viewed by thousands of peoples from many different forums.

13 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

Anyone tried the 19278 build yet? 

Not personally but i know it works, only thing is it blacklists the reformat tool, a downgrade is needed before you can re use the reformat tool.

Just uploaded a zip file at the bottom of my guide for a easy install.

But how do you downgrade if you can’t reuse the tool? 

20 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

But how do you downgrade if you can’t reuse the tool? 

you can downgrade via autoinstall.lst just not with the reformat tool and reformat.lst, atleast thats what i read, i haven't tried it myself yet.

image.thumb.png.2418dbb0e94004adb2b120d0c9fd2cb4.png

Will this work on sync3 module for 4.2 inch screen? If yes, will it make the module compatible with 8 inch?

Let's just go ahead and give you a bit of rep for your tutorial!

Edit, there we go 🙂

28 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Let's just go ahead and give you a bit of rep for your tutorial!

Edit, there we go 🙂

Haha, thanks so much 😀 I have just massively overhauled the guide and added direct links for EU, UK and USA AIO packages and seperate ford links for all of the 3 regions aswell.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club