Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

10 minutes ago, Fma965 said:

Guys currently updating the guide to 20021 and 2020 (technically 2019) (newest maps) 

can you update the dab file on its own mate or fresh install rolling back to 19101?

Usual question from me... on 20021 is the auto-dim option available again in display settings? (Must be on auto mode for day/night for it to appear)

I really want to upgrade but without being able to turn off auto-dim the screen flickering at dusk does my head in.

any notable changes? 

1 hour ago, vibeone said:

Usual question from me... on 20021 is the auto-dim option available again in display settings? (Must be on auto mode for day/night for it to appear)

I really want to upgrade but without being able to turn off auto-dim the screen flickering at dusk does my head in.

any notable changes? 

Auto-Dim is available but the brightness settings is grayed out....

5 hours ago, cavemanb2 said:

Auto-Dim is available but the brightness settings is grayed out....

Not on mine its not. 

1 hour ago, Tommo17 said:

Not on mine its not. 

Haha which bit?

never seen display settings greyed out to be honest.  I assume auto dim is still missing then tommo 😞

so frustrating - must be something to do with vehicles without the ambient light sensor maybe.

10 hours ago, vibeone said:

Haha which bit?

never seen display settings greyed out to be honest.  I assume auto dim is still missing then tommo 😞

so frustrating - must be something to do with vehicles without the ambient light sensor maybe.

No auto dim option at all. Brightness works though. Forgot how much of a pain in the ***** that flickering is going to roll back i think

I cant decide if i have a hardware fault or not has any one experienced this? obviously it's my guide but it's only recent that i have started having no GPS

JPEG_20200303_174015.jpg?width=347&heighJPEG_20200303_174031.jpg?width=214&heigh

@Fma965

Wheres your gps aerial placed?

I had nothing but problems when it was mounted behind the apim. Moved it up to the a pillar and it's been perfect.

Matt

4 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

No auto dim option at all. Brightness works though. Forgot how much of a pain in the ***** that flickering is going to roll back i think

Thanks for this on a number of levels.

Id had started to wonder if my screen was faulty because no one seems to mention it, but auto dim for me making the flickering at dusk and dawn completely distracting and ridiculous.  So for that reason I can’t go above 19101.  It’s frustrating because I’m sure the option is still available but hidden.

I believe I can update to F9 maps with the old version though so I’ll probably do that.

Meanwhile has anyone found a way to turn off autodim without the menu option?

thanks tommo - I won’t be updating.

2 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

@vibeone im sure i seen someone say the option goes after 19200 

Seems to yeah - I meant with FORScan really.

Anyway I upgraded to 20021 and F9 and downgraded back to 19101 with ease.  Also then downgraded the DAB file back to AD and I’m happy.  Latest nav, old software and no problems as of yet (and working auto dim!)

Anyway I upgraded to 20021 and F9 and downgraded back to 19101 with ease.  Also then downgraded the DAB file back to AD and I’m happy.  Latest nav, old software and no problems as of yet (and working auto dim!)

Did you do the dab file on its own?. 

i have AD but doesnt work with 20021 only get 2 logos on the home screen but select audio and it wont show. Want to out AE on and tried on its own but it wont have any of it 

On 3/1/2020 at 8:35 PM, Tommo17 said:

can you update the dab file on its own mate or fresh install rolling back to 19101?

1U5T-14G658-AE.TAR.gz works fine i also fixed the typo in the reformat.lst

why did you downgrade the dab file, i also downgrade to 19101 to keep auto dim off, the reason it's not mentioned is only certain units and years have this issue.

9 hours ago, Fma965 said:

1U5T-14G658-AE.TAR.gz works fine i also fixed the typo in the reformat.lst

Thanks ill have a go at updating that file. And new maps this weekend. Thanks for the guides

Hi all having problems l can’t seem to have both the DAB logos and calm screen activated together it’s either one or the other any ideas? 

On 3/4/2020 at 9:35 PM, Tommo17 said:

Did you do the dab file on its own?. 

i have AD but doesnt work with 20021 only get 2 logos on the home screen but select audio and it wont show. Want to out AE on and tried on its own but it wont have any of it 

Sorry for the delay in getting back...

AD file only seems to work properly on 19101.  AE file is better for 19200 I believe.

the differences are that AE has bigger (and I guess later) logos, because the DAB Info button has been removed.  However, AE on 19101 seems to cause logos to not show properly (see my earlier posts). As I prefer to run 19101, I get better logos from AD.

in terms of rolling back and forward, yes DAB files can be autoinstalled on their own without a reformat. 

On 3/4/2020 at 10:13 PM, Fma965 said:

why did you downgrade the dab file, i also downgrade to 19101 to keep auto dim off, the reason it's not mentioned is only certain units and years have this issue.

Not everyone seems to have this issue, but AE ON 19101 for me has missing logos. Well not missing, but some logos appear blank even though I know they exists and work on 19200.  Magic is one national station to test with.  Local stations from Bauer like Hallam, Aire, Viking also blank on AE.

That makes sense with auto dim - any idea whether it can be fixed by disconnecting the ambient light sensor or similar?

see attachments:

small Hallam logo is AD on 19101

large Hallam logo is AE on 19200

blank logo is AE ON 19101.  The radio thinks there is a logo (the text is adjusted, and home screen is blank)

1AE0D6F8-5F45-4B69-95F2-345DE0B66EDC.jpeg

4D796635-4F56-402E-9213-247E4047E6F1.jpeg

49B6BDFE-BE2D-4E0C-9E25-EF71B151D6D6.jpeg

17 hours ago, vibeone said:

Not everyone seems to have this issue, but AE ON 19101 for me has missing logos. Well not missing, but some logos appear blank even though I know they exists and work on 19200.  Magic is one national station to test with.  Local stations from Bauer like Hallam, Aire, Viking also blank on AE.

That makes sense with auto dim - any idea whether it can be fixed by disconnecting the ambient light sensor or similar?

see attachments:

small Hallam logo is AD on 19101

large Hallam logo is AE on 19200

blank logo is AE ON 19101.  The radio thinks there is a logo (the text is adjusted, and home screen is blank)

1AE0D6F8-5F45-4B69-95F2-345DE0B66EDC.jpeg

4D796635-4F56-402E-9213-247E4047E6F1.jpeg

49B6BDFE-BE2D-4E0C-9E25-EF71B151D6D6.jpeg

Exactly what mine is like now. Looks like the logo should be there as the text changes etc like you say. I tried the AE file last night but just got an error about lst 

So guys as of right now we have 3 confirmed cases of "dead" GPS after flashing, 1 of them is myself, however obviously it never broke on the first flash, something has changed and it seems to have either software bricked or killed my GPS, there are 2 other people on the website reporting the same HOWEVER there are tens of hundreds of downloads and its clear this is only afffecting a few people, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. i think i will need to buy a new unit. hopefully one that doesn't flicker also 🙂

10 minutes ago, Fma965 said:

So guys as of right now we have 3 confirmed cases of "dead" GPS after flashing, 1 of them is myself, however obviously it never broke on the first flash, something has changed and it seems to have either software bricked or killed my GPS, there are 2 other people on the website reporting the same HOWEVER there are tens of hundreds of downloads and its clear this is only afffecting a few people, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. i think i will need to buy a new unit. hopefully one that doesn't flicker also 🙂

I’ve added your post to the first post so people are aware if they don’t read the whole thread. If you find a fix or how to avoid it. Let me know and I can amend it/add to it. 

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

I’ve added your post to the first post so people are aware if they don’t read the whole thread. If you find a fix or how to avoid it. Let me know and I can amend it/add to it. 

No worries, really not quite sure whats happened in these 3 cases, trying to compile a spreadsheet of sucessful flashes along with what hardware they have etc, would any one here be willing to contribute to a google sheet?

Also added this warning to my guide.

Filled in the form. No problems so far with 3.4.19101.

When I upgraded from Sync2 to Sync3 I didn’t put a new gps antenna under the dashboard. I bought a roof mounted  aerial from a newer focus with gps antenna built in and ran an extension cable to the APIM. Wouldn’t think that would make any difference other than give a stronger satellite signal.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club