Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

16 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

Exactly what mine is like now. Looks like the logo should be there as the text changes etc like you say. I tried the AE file last night but just got an error about lst 

I think that just means you made a mistake - the full file name is required in both the item1 and file1 bits, including the .gz

csn send you mine if you want, but what build are you running and which DAB file?

10 hours ago, Fma965 said:

So guys as of right now we have 3 confirmed cases of "dead" GPS after flashing, 1 of them is myself, however obviously it never broke on the first flash, something has changed and it seems to have either software bricked or killed my GPS, there are 2 other people on the website reporting the same HOWEVER there are tens of hundreds of downloads and its clear this is only afffecting a few people, if anyone has any ideas please let me know. i think i will need to buy a new unit. hopefully one that doesn't flicker also 🙂

After my latest round of messing about with 20021, I did notice my GPS had reset - and for about 10mins it struggled to lock.  It wasn’t dead, but it was certainly low on sat locks.  Then it just relocked and was fine.  

it may have always done it after a reflash - I don’t tend to use the built in nav but this time I did.

9 minutes ago, vibeone said:

I think that just means you made a mistake - the full file name is required in both the item1 and file1 bits, including the .gz

csn send you mine if you want, but what build are you running and which DAB file?

Im on 20021 with AD dab file. 

yes please mate if you can send me yours ill give that a try. 

6 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Filled in the form. No problems so far with 3.4.19101.

When I upgraded from Sync2 to Sync3 I didn’t put a new gps antenna under the dashboard. I bought a roof mounted  aerial from a newer focus with gps antenna built in and ran an extension cable to the APIM. Wouldn’t think that would make any difference other than give a stronger satellite signal.

yes i would expect the same, only stronger signal

4 hours ago, vibeone said:

item name can be anything file name ofcourse needs to be right.

4 hours ago, vibeone said:

After my latest round of messing about with 20021, I did notice my GPS had reset - and for about 10mins it struggled to lock.  It wasn’t dead, but it was certainly low on sat locks.  Then it just relocked and was fine.  

it may have always done it after a reflash - I don’t tend to use the built in nav but this time I did.

hmm i think this is the issue as a lot of people don't use built in GPS, i have started a form to gather information https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJ97wfdyvp_t-DK8O55Wvi672ViwxPamFnxt6dYJ1IvX-KmQ/viewform

That said it's been ages and mine still doesn't have a GPS so something is definitely up with it

Please could people fill this form in 

@Fma965 how do you find your APIM year ? 

also to just update the dab file what does the lst look like do you have to put Enhanced dab? 

UPDATE guys, i have managed to fix my GPS issue
JPEG_20200307_152347.jpg?width=420&height=910

It's unclear exactly what fixed it by i reflashed calibration VBF files and i re did my AsBuilt from scratch based on some of my previous backups.

20 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I’ve added your post to the first post so people are aware if they don’t read the whole thread. If you find a fix or how to avoid it. Let me know and I can amend it/add to it. 

Not sure if you want to add another note saying i have managed to recover it and it seems to be related to asbuilt data on retrofitted APIMs, if your car is factory with sync 3 you "should" be fine. 
image.thumb.png.e1360a976053ff011849756187efb68b.png

I have now got 2 out of 3 fixed, 1 hasn't been in contact much / tested much. it 100% is AsBuilt related in Forscan / UCDS 🙂 confident to say it's fixable should you experience the GPS issue aslong as you have forscan and any ELM327 adapter that can read APIM

1 hour ago, Fma965 said:

Not sure if you want to add another note saying i have managed to recover it and it seems to be related to asbuilt data on retrofitted APIMs, if your car is factory with sync 3 you "should" be fine. 
image.thumb.png.e1360a976053ff011849756187efb68b.png

I’ve amended the first post. 👍 

@Fma965 I’ve noticed today holding for Siri doesn’t work anymore. Bleeps the. Cuts off. Anyone else had this issue ?

used to be able to ask Siri to send message etc. 

12 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

Im on 20021 with AD dab file. 

yes please mate if you can send me yours ill give that a try. 

AD does have some weirdnesses in later builds from testing. I only use AD on 19101, AE on all others really...

I can't upload the lst's but the content is as follows:

USBRoot

USBRoot/autoinstall.lst

USBRoot/DONTINDX.MSA

USBROOT/SyncMyRide/1U5T-14G658-AE.TAR.gz

---------------

The content of the lst is as follows....

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1=1U5T-14G658-AE.TAR.gz
Open1=SyncMyRide\1U5T-14G658-AE.TAR.gz
Options = AutoInstall

(Thats it)

This is to autoinstall, and you should see the updating software message.  It doesn't take long - like 30 seconds or something

• Thanks 1

Bad quality pictures but wouldn’t let me upload them unless size was small 

21 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

Thats well weird, and not quite the same as what I had - Kiss for example, if it was missing on the radio page, it was missing on the Home screen - whereas uou have it on home but not the radio screen.

I'm afraid I'm not really sure what else to suggest.  I can see you're on a later version because thte DAB Info button has gone... so it should support the larger logo - AE.  Weird that I just don't get the same - did you have to update the firmware via forscan/ucds?  I did... so I know I'm on the same version as others used.  Maybe you are somewhere in the middle?

On 3/8/2020 at 7:51 PM, Tommo17 said:

have you enabled radio logs in forscan? 

Sorry haven’t been around for a while! I must remember to come and check regularly! Now downloading the 20021 update to give that a whirl 👍🏻

19 hours ago, Fma965 said:

have you enabled radio logs in forscan? 

It appears so because the text is push right on the radio screen, and it appears on the home screen.  It's very odd - it's not the same as the problem I had.

2 hours ago, vibeone said:

It appears so because the text is push right on the radio screen, and it appears on the home screen.  It's very odd - it's not the same as the problem I had.

Yes mate worked fine. On base build going to roll it back to base. Siri doesn’t work on the latest 

17 hours ago, Tommo17 said:

Yes mate worked fine. On base build going to roll it back to base. Siri doesn’t work on the latest 

To be honest I don't see any reason (yet) to go past 19101.  It does everything I need, and still looks great having 3.4 in an older focus haha.  I also took mine in for a warranty fix (on gearbox so unrelated) and nothing was said.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone explain the UCDS steps after the upgrade in detail? I have UCDS, but only done direct configuration.
Also the steps to make it blue in the speedometer if possible (to match the design)?

So. I have a random question. 

I did the update to the latest version from Cyanlabs website. Amazing. Works well. 

Thing is, I wasnt paying attention and I downloaded the "NA" package. North American maps! 

How do I get the EU maps from here? Should I :

1. use the downgrade tool.
2. then the format tool.
3. then the EU maps.

or? I don't wanna break anything! 😄   

wow, I expect you be able to unravel it,

but when you are playing with this sort of update you don't just charge in and flash any old crap without be extremely methodical.... how much would a new unit cost if you messed it up £1k ?

Having a read of the new Kuga review on What Car? website I noticed a pic of what looks like Sync 3.4. 

Looks like the climate repeater is enabled on the top row of the display but without a dedicated climate button.

Also there are only five radio presets per screen which might explain why the highlighted station overlaps the button to the left on my six preset screen.

I don’t have station logos yet as I haven’t updated my APIM firmware but it would be interesting to find out the FORScan hex codes to get ours looking like this.

CEB1781F-3763-4CE2-87A1-F48CB36D2C76.jpeg

Edit. Found the code to enable climate temperature on the top row.

Unfortunately they are set up for Left Hand Drive and are reversed (Just like the full climate control screen). 

Auto mode appears to work correctly but changing passenger temperature on the HVAC control changes driver temperature on Sync display.

Disabled it again.

Edited by colinmcg71

Region North America, 2018 F250 running Sync 3.0 Build 19205 successfully upgraded to 3.4 20021 without any issues. I followed the process exactly as described above and experienced no issues. I did not wait to see I experienced any issues I performed a Master Reset immediately. I did not update APIM firmware yet because Radio logos and Calm Mode are not important to me. I will wait to see if there are any other benefits for updating the APIM firmware.

On 3/25/2020 at 4:57 PM, colinmcg71 said:

Having a read of the new Kuga review on What Car? website I noticed a pic of what looks like Sync 3.4. 

Looks like the climate repeater is enabled on the top row of the display but without a dedicated climate button.

Also there are only five radio presets per screen which might explain why the highlighted station overlaps the button to the left on my six preset screen.

I don’t have station logos yet as I haven’t updated my APIM firmware but it would be interesting to find out the FORScan hex codes to get ours looking like this.

CEB1781F-3763-4CE2-87A1-F48CB36D2C76.jpeg

Edit. Found the code to enable climate temperature on the top row.

Unfortunately they are set up for Left Hand Drive and are reversed (Just like the full climate control screen). 

Auto mode appears to work correctly but changing passenger temperature on the HVAC control changes driver temperature on Sync display.

Disabled it again.

The weird thing is though... ford rangers in the UK appear to have the climate screen properly with the LHD:RHD fixed obviously

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club