Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

1 hour ago, colinmcg71 said:

Local hazard warning? Haven’t seen one on mine yet.

I wasn’t using Ford Nav at the time. 
It’s got to be Local Hazard. Surely

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I wasn’t using Ford Nav at the time. 
It’s got to be Local Hazard. Surely

It is local hazard information. 

3 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

It is local hazard information. 

So that works without Navigation on? 

46 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

So that works without Navigation on? 

Well considering it's popped up, I presume so. 

43 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Response from ford is it’s Live Traffic. 

I pretty much doubt it. The message is self explanatory.

I went ahead and installed the unofficial update to 3.4.20196 on the way to work this morning. 

I like the redesigned audio screen with a large blurred station logo or album artwork behind the small logo/album. I also like how the layout has changed. Text seems to fit better.

I’ve yet to install the updated version of F9 maps but I’ll get that done at the weekend.

6A3CC47D-983A-45EF-AA09-DDFAC90C9DD1.jpeg

AE291B58-AEA9-410A-8AD5-1C89D4789E7E.jpeg

• Like 2

I tweeted ford uk re the random local hazard messages some of us have had. Seems to be some confusion as to whether it’s part of Live Traffic and/or sync 3.4 or Local Hazard. 🤷‍♂️ 

They don’t know . I got this response just now....

Hi Mr S,  we have sent your enquiry to the Global SYNC team for clarification. ^Aaron

I’ll update this thread when I get a response. 

• Thanks 1

I’ve never had a local hazard warning pop up on 3.3 or 3.4. I don’t even have local hazard as an option under the connectivity section of FordPass Connect settings.

41 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I tweeted ford uk re the random local hazard messages some of us have had. Seems to be some confusion as to whether it’s part of Live Traffic and/or sync 3.4 or Local Hazard. 🤷‍♂️ 

They don’t know . I got this response just now....

Hi Mr S,  we have sent your enquiry to the Global SYNC team for clarification. ^Aaron

I’ll update this thread when I get a response. 

I don't think there is any confusion as to what it is. The confusion is in the randomness of who gets it. 

1 hour ago, colinmcg71 said:

I’ve never had a local hazard warning pop up on 3.3 or 3.4. I don’t even have local hazard as an option under the connectivity section of FordPass Connect settings.

That was the one and only alert like that I’ve had in 1 year. 
I don’t have Local Hazard listed either. Only Live Traffic.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

I don't think there is any confusion as to what it is. The confusion is in the randomness of who gets it. 

If it was only cars with Local Hazard listed , that may have been a clue. 

I was reading the forscan forums

they pulled 2.4 because no one is listening to their advice / using the right cable and idiots are just bricking modules updating everything
and on that note, they are thinking of blocking elm cables for this sort of work in a later release

the cable they recco the odbLink es has JUST had a firmware release

Latest Version 5.6.1

Release Date: September 18, 2020
Level of Importance: Recommended

Download

This major release fixed a few bugs:

• Fixed 7Fxx78 message being counted when using STPTO 0
  • Fixed STSLU, STSLVL, and STSLX not working

This release added a few new features and changes:

• Added command to change CAN consecutive and flow control frame reception timeouts
  • Added command to specify additional STmin delay
  • Added support for 4 byte header to ATSH
  • Removed CAN deaf time after sending a CAN message

See obdlink_ex-changelog.txt inside the archive for detailed descriptions of the changes.

Just got in my Focus today and it was doing the update to 3.4 of its own accord. Looks a lot better - not seeing station logos yet but I'll have a play later. Anyone else who had held off installing it unofficially? 

I had the same - it did it of its own accord at end Sept.  Had a wobble when I started up and screen went black and you couldnt turn the radio off.  When I turned off the enginethe  radio still kept playing and couldnt switch it off!  Eventually switched off of its own accord after a few minutes.  Never had an automated update before, always had to use USB.  Anyone know why the climate option is not there - saw reports of it having bugs?

• 2 weeks later...

before breaking stuff - over the weekend ForScan has just released a new version blocking nasty cables from programming and there is also yet another firmware update (14 oct 2020) for GOOD cables

I guess if programming (with affordable tools) you should not try without forscan 2.44 and an ODB Link ex running 5.6.5 firmware, if you're not in this place you shouldn't be trying (and I don't believe they have all the bugs out yet.... but they are making good headway)

https://www.scantool.net/downloads/updates/obdlink_ex/

• Like 1

Voice control is so much worse in 3.4, as said previously the command play album "title" no longer works for me, when voice search does find something the results are NOTHING like the words I asked for, and if she says "search for what" one more time I'm going get a divorce.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 6:10 PM, Phil21185 said:

OK guys.  Usual disclaimers apply.  Help will be given for those who have problems, but this is on your own head!  For those who couldn't be arsed to read the rest of the thread, this is for the most part irreversible - if you are currently on 3.0, there is no way back.  You could ask Alex very nicely on how to restore 3.3, but I don't know how. 

It is highly advisable to keep the engine running during update as any interruption to the process may brick your APIM. You've been warned.

I am not knowledgeable on how this has been enabled, or any of the wizardry behind it.  I have simply followed other instructions and sought @Tezza's assistance to get this working.  I know as much as you do, but this is a process that has worked for both Tezza and myself. 

Credit for this goes to Russian forums for discovering it, the guy who wrote the tutorial linked in the first post for translating it and providing the first process, and especially @Tezza for bringing it to FFOC!

NO THANKS HERE.  GO GIVE IT TO ONE OF THOSE THREE!

This guide is for build 19101, the tutorial Tezza linked is 19200. I found the 19200 worked fine, but searching for an address was awkward - see the video on one of my previous posts on this thread.

2 USB stick required, one at least 1GB, one upto 32GB if you want ALL the EU maps, 16GB should be fine just for UK.  Format them to FAT32, or exFAT - so they are recognised by your car.

Hi

Do you kno maybe or where could I read how to prepare maps only for Poland ?

Are you guys saying that your sync 3.0 systems are auto upgrading to 3.4 on its own? or just 3.3 to 3.4?

I return from the abyss to check up on the progress!

How stable are you all finding this?  I think I'm ready to take the plunge now that everything seems more stable.  Would be jumping up to 3.4.20351 from 3.0.20204 so I know there will probably be some work to do, what's everyone's opinions thus far?

On 9/10/2020 at 7:28 PM, Botus said:

they had a few bugs 2.42 is already out

2.4.2 beta, 2020-09-08 (download)

+ Firmware database updates
+ Support of explicit gateway mode (actual for some modules like SOBDMC in US C-Max FHEV 2013MY)
* fixes and improvements in "Module firmware update" function: algorithm that offers firmware now counts some APIM specific (images uploaded from USB, missing firmware etc)
* fixes and improvements in "Module firmware update" function: if some part number cannot be read from module, it is read from vehicle profile prior to firmware DB
- bug in "Module firmware update" function: memory leaks on multiple calls of the same function
- false "Module seems to be bricked" error in case of SBL doesn't support the firmware application status check function
- bug in CAN communication procedure for ELM327 adapters (that might brick some modules on some adapters)
- incorrect changelog text files in the distributive

plus I see lots of firmware fixes in the last few months on many decent adaptors...    MX+ is supported, but they say its better and faster with the EX cable connected device (no big surprise)

Do you have a copy of this at all please as they don't seem to have it for download any more.