Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voice control for Aircon?

Blatto

According to the owners manual and the list of commands I downloaded from the Ford website (pdf attached) It suggests you should be able to set the Aircon to a specific temperature by Voice command. I can't get it to recognise this, is it only for certain models?. I have the Fiesta ST-Line X 140.

SYNC_3_voice_commands.pdf

12 minutes ago, Blatto said:

According to the owners manual and the list of commands I downloaded from the Ford website (pdf attached) It suggests you should be able to set the Aircon to a specific temperature by Voice command. I can't get it to recognise this, is it only for certain models?. I have the Fiesta ST-Line X 140.

SYNC_3_voice_commands.pdf 641 kB · 5 downloads

It only works if Climate is one of the available displays on the Sync system, which it isn't on the Fiesta.

It's only enabled on things like Mondeo, etc.

• Like 2

Ah, ok thanks. My mistake, thought EATC was climate control but it's electronic Auto Temperature Control. Damn I'll have to expend more energy twisting that dial.

• Like 1

It is climate control in effect. When set to auto it maintains the  selected temperature and automatically adjusts air direction, fan speed, etc. But as Alex says, voice control isn't enabled on the Mk 8, though it's mentioned in my manual and I was led to believe it was present when I ordered the car. Annoying thing is I had this feature on my Mk 7 Titanium years ago.

It only works if Climate is one of the available displays on the Sync system, which it isn't on the Fiesta. It's only enabled on things like Mondeo, etc. 

Forscan is your friend here. Enable it and enjoy voice-controlled climate control. After reading this post earlier, as I’d enabled the climate tab on Sync some time ago, I tried it on my way home and it worked. I will say though that the climate screen for the Fiesta is a bit unusual, as Sync presents the dual climate zone screen, not the single zone. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ok, thanks for info. I'm not that fussed on getting it working using voice, was just concerned that it may not be working as intended. If it wasn't a lease car I might have a play with Forscan but I usually set my Temp to 17 and leave it there anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Ok, thanks for info. I'm not that fussed on getting it working using voice, was just concerned that it may not be working as intended. If it wasn't a lease car I might have a play with Forscan but I usually set my Temp to 17 and leave it there anyway.

Would be worse if your vehicle had the feature but you were from Scotland and well it couldn't understand you 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

Well you can't blame the car for that, nobody can understand you, I worked with a Glaswegian for 4 years and I still had trouble with that accent 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blatto said:

Well you can't blame the car for that, nobody can understand you, I worked with a Glaswegian for 4 years and I still had trouble with that accent 😄

I always admire the instant natural aggression which they manifest for everything there so passionate with describing how they intend on venting there relentless anger 😅

Well does anyone know what he was trying to say ? sounded like Call Vee newit to me which doesn't sound like a name to me 😂

• Haha 1

It was a garage called re-nu-it in Falkirk.
Must admit I get frustrated with voice control at times and my accent is pretty much as neutral as it can possibly be (even with me being a Devonian Janner).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club