Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water leaking into boot

Angela Wendy

I have 2001 Fiesta Zetec S which I have owned since 2003.  Great little car, and has always run perfectly.  Mainly kept garaged but sometimes leave in road when I have visitors, to allow them to use the garage.  Suddenly, four days ago, found water had made carpets in boot wet in places so removed everything to dry out indoors.  Water still seems to be getting into boot, although boot seal looks in perfect condition.  Friend has suggested water might be getting in via rear light seating - can anyone comment please?

On 10/10/2019 at 5:01 PM, Angela Wendy said:

I have 2001 Fiesta Zetec S which I have owned since 2003.  Great little car, and has always run perfectly.  Mainly kept garaged but sometimes leave in road when I have visitors, to allow them to use the garage.  Suddenly, four days ago, found water had made carpets in boot wet in places so removed everything to dry out indoors.  Water still seems to be getting into boot, although boot seal looks in perfect condition.  Friend has suggested water might be getting in via rear light seating - can anyone comment please?

I own a mk1 Focus and no experience of a Fiesta but having said that the light cluster is where I would look first then the air vents in the boot if you have them.To access the air vents the carpet at the sides of your boot should be removed.I poured water from a watering can over the light cluster and discovered water ingress running down between the panels pooling at the bottom by the air vent cavity.A smear of silicone grease on the rubber seals usually works👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club