Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ignition switch 2008 focus pre-fl

IRONMAN

Hi all, I need to fit a new ignition switch (not the barrel). I have stripped most of the trim but cant seem to to pry the housing away from the spot under the stereo remote control stalk. I can see the ignition switch just inside the housing where i removed the top section, any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Two screws up under the lower steering wheel trim.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks Clive, I've removed them both and the top cover as well, still no good. I don't want to force it too much.

I wonder if the audio stalk has to be removed?

Cheers

Yes, the stalk needs to come out.
There's a small tab on the rear of the stalk, push it in with a screwdriver or the angled end of an allen key and the stalk pulls out.
Unplug the cable and remove the stalk completely.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Cheers, I will try this today 👍

Thanks again for the help Clive. I'm not too familiar with how this works so apologies in advance if its messed up or in the wrong section.

To replace the ignition switch (not the cylinder) which was worn and bringing up warning lights and messing with the stereo, I extended the steering column fully out and up. Then removed the audio stalk by pushing in a pin at the rear of the stalk and pulling gently then disconnected the wiring. Then I removed the trim underneath the steering column one screw on the right where the diagnostic scanner plugs in, and two on the column. Then I turned the steering wheel until the clips for the trim were visible and opened them with a flat head screwdriver. The ignition switch wiring is then unplugged the housing has two tabs and comes out easily. Hopes this helps someone

fix 1.jpg

fix 2.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club