Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retrofit Bluetooth- Can hear but cannot be heard - Mic Issue

Jono-N

First apologies for any mistakes I make in posting.  I have spent ages going through all the excellent posts and advice but I just cannot find the piece of info I need and hoping someone will be able to help me.

I have acquired a very low mileage 2007 mk4 mondeo estate 2.5T Titanium.  It has most options but was missing the bluetooth functionality so i acquired the module and installed.  At first I thought perfect as phone sync straight away, test call incoming confirmed I could hear the caller.  However, my problem was they could not hear me.  At first I thought it may be a config or wiring issue but now wondering if it is because the pick up mic is not fitted.  Checking the location where I believe the mic should be installed ( roof centre consul) there is not one.  So my questions are:-

1. is my assumption correct i.e. the mic if installed will be in this location ?

2. assuming I need to fit one the information I am missing from all the existing posts is, do I connect it into the wiring loom if so where i.e. glove box area or, directly into radio head (sony 6 disc).  None of the info, pictures I can find is clear on the mic part of the retro install.  Lots on the module, usb connection etc but nothing I can find on retrofitting or locating the mic

3. Lastly and pushing my luck, whether anyone can identify which mic (part details) I need and any other cabling (part details)?

I have spent a few hours reading a lot of posts but cannot get a clear idea on how I resolve this issue.  I could be completely wrong though and looking in the wrong place.

All advice welcome.  Thank you in advance for your time !

Hi Jono. I don't know if this is any help to you, but I retro fitted bluetooth into my 2012 Focus. I had no Mic ,which should of been in the headlining panel above the rear view mirror, but the wires were in place. I bought a second had one from eBay and fitted it and all is working fine now. Again, I don't know if it's any use, but here's a picture of the Mic connection on my focus.

20190817_093759.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Nathan

Thank you so much for taking time to share your similar experience.  Logic seems reasonable the fact that the loom had the bluetooth connector.  I will remove the courtesy unit and take a look for a connector, could it be that simple ???  I suppose what is confusing me is in the glovebox area there was another connector loose from the loom that I wondered if the mic was run down to it.  Similar to one you show but more wires.

The picture helps as I will work on logic that if I find a connector and similar wiring config in roof consul it will be worth a punt this could be solution.  Thank you !

If anyone else can share any experience all appreciated.  Thanks.

Jono

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Building on this advice  have the loom wiring in situ but nothing is ever that simple, there appear to be various mic options.  not sure whether interchangeable or whether there are compatibility issues.  Looking on line options can be 8M5T19A391AB or 4M5T-19A391-AA  maybe others.  Both have same connector.  Maybe an impedance issue or something or nothing else.

Does anyone know if it matters ?    Sony 6 CD head unit in mk4 mondeo Titanium X.  bluetooth to phone interface in and working just mic to go.

Thanks as always !

Jono

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club