Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eco Mode button

Blatto

Getting a fairly consistent 50mpg indicated on the dash on a few familiar routes (not had chance to verify that with the brimming method yet as it's only done 350 miles so far)

Thought I'd try out the eco mode button (didn't have one on my MK7 ST-Line 140), did the same trip in similar (damp and dreary conditions about 12 Degrees C) with eco mode off I got 51mpg

With eco mode on I got 50mpg. Basically the same taking in any variations on the traffic/my driving.

According to the manual it says you could notice

1. Changes to the engine behaviour (like what? I didn't notice any)

2. Reduced acceleration or performance (I'm running it in so driving fairly gently but I didn't notice any difference)

3. Reduce blower motor speed. (Set it to max just to test that and it stayed on max with eco button On)

So does anyone no what it actually does apart from display and eco symbol on the dash. Maybe it's a placebo effect button?

Mine makes a noticeable difference to my throttle response but that’s the only thing I’ve noticed. Also doesn’t seem to make any difference to my economy really.

If you keep a consistent 20% (ish) throttle in Eco mode and turn it off you’ll notice the car suddenly accelerates a bit faster without moving the pedal at all. That’s the only difference I’ve noticed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ah, ok thanks, I'll give that a try next time.

Maybe it wasn't noticeable with my reasonably gentle running in driving style. 

In my experience (and as you've already found) they rarely achieve anything you can't do yourself with normal careful driving techniques.

• Like 1

As far as I can tell, reduced throttle response. Doesn’t really save a meaningful amount of fuel but it helps if you’re doing an eco run as you have to feather the throttle far less

I drive a 2019 ST-Line, I used the eco boost once, just made the engine feel as though it wasn't working properly, maybe on a long run it might feel better.

With eco in my auto it changes up at lower rpm.

I can do that by modulating the throttle anyway and I don't like the numbness it gives the accelerator so I don't use it any more really.

I can see it's use in the snow maybe, if it uses 2nd to set off and not 1st.  Anyone know if that's the case?

11 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

I can see it's use in the snow maybe, if it uses 2nd to set off and not 1st.  Anyone know if that's the case?

Not sure the eco button would do that. On the automatics I have driven they had an icy conditions switchable mode for the gearbox which I think just reduced the torque and stopped it from changing  gear on hills to avoid losing traction. Is there an snow/ice button in your automatic?

29 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Is there an snow/ice button in your automatic?

Isn't the "snowflake" button for the use of over sensitive millennials?😀

• Haha 2

Heh, yeah probably.

Push that button and the car tells you what a great driver you are and not to worry about that nasty BMW/Audi driver sitting 2 inches from your rear bumper shaking his fist.

On the subject of Audi I did see an honest driver of one in a car park a few days ago. Had a sticker under the Audi badge saying . AUDI = Another Useless Driver Inside 😁

Unfortunately the Acronym I've seen for Ford is Fat Old Retarded Drivers 😏

One of the extra packs gives you a snow mode, not got it in mine.

But both the Merc and VX autos I've had had snow/comfort modes that would start in a higher gear.

5 hours ago, Blatto said:

Heh, yeah probably.

Push that button and the car tells you what a great driver you are and not to worry about that nasty BMW/Audi driver sitting 2 inches from your rear bumper shaking his fist.

On the subject of Audi I did see an honest driver of one in a car park a few days ago. Had a sticker under the Audi Badge saying . AUDI = Another Useless Driver Inside 😁

Unfortunately the Acronym I've seen for Ford is Fat Old Retarded Drivers 😏

Fix or repair daily. 

Think I got lucky!

I must have been very lucky have had two Ford Cortinas MKIII & a MK IV, Two Sierras and now on my 2nd Fiesta so far none of them have ever let me down 🤞

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club