Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk4 . Android Auto not connecting..

Alex.S

I’ve got the car, I’ve got the app. I HAD the phone paired up! Can’t figure out how to get my apps on the car screen. Anyone had similar issues? 

Are you connected via cable?

Sometimes it's worth deleting the app from your phone and restarting the phone, then unpair and delete the connection on the phone and car. Then reinstall the app and repair the phone.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks Jon. I’ll try that tomorrow.

No problem, hope it works.

Remember you must connect via a cable, bluetooth won't work with AA, you can see apps via bluetooth using the stock Sync system

So AA has to be physically plugged in? 

9 hours ago, Alex.S said:

So AA has to be physically plugged in? 

Yes it does.

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Yes it does.

I followed your instructions and it worked but now when I plug the phone in the phone apps appear and work on the car screen for a minute, then goes back to the usual Ford Navigation etc. 

Any ideas?

maybe it’s the phone 🤔 

or the cable

25 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I followed your instructions and it worked but now when I plug the phone in the phone apps appear and work on the car screen for a minute, then goes back to the usual Ford Navigation etc. 

Any ideas?

maybe it’s the phone 🤔 

or the cable

Fixed it ! Was the lead ! 

Im getting about 10 apps , is that normal? 

I have about 25 on my phone, most of which I don’t need or use. 

Nice one.

That sounds about right, some apps aren't compatible with AA so won't show up. Only apps I tend to use are Waze, Spotify, Google Maps, Messenger and WhatsApp. I can't access messenger and WhatsApp directly but I can receive messages and reply to those apps which is all I need. amazon music will work and I occasionally use Tune In radio too.

Glad you got it sorted, I know it's a bit of a PITA to have to connect all the time but it's become as routine as putting my seatbelt on now, don't even think about it. Plus the added bonus of the phone charging during the journey can be a lifesaver sometimes.

• Thanks 1

I’d read that Spotify (which I don’t have yet) can’t run at same time as Ford Navigation? 

Anyway, it’ll be google maps or waze I’ll use as Ford Navigation doesn’t seem as good. 

I’d read that Spotify (which I don’t have yet) can’t run at same time as Ford Navigation? 
Anyway, it’ll be google maps or waze I’ll use as Ford Navigation doesn’t seem as good. 

You can't use ford nav while connected to AA full stop. It will always default to Google maps, unless you don't have it installed. When you install Waze you can set that to be default if you want.

• Like 1

So, Spotify, I can use while using google maps? 

Ive got an extensive CD collection! Now pretty much defunct! 

Yes, you can use Spotify and google maps\waze at the same time.

What's a CD [emoji2957]

• Haha 1

See if I got my CDs transferred onto a memory stick, can I listen to that thru AA?

I've not tried but you could use the memory stick at the same time as AA but not via AA if that makes sense.

When you connect up and AA starts you would have to use the button on screen to exit AA and then choose the memory stick as your Audio source. Then just press the button that takes you back to AA.

If you were already listening to your memory stick then it 'should' just continue with that as the default.

• Thanks 1

It’s a brand new ST-Line x. It has 2 USB ports. Obviously one is for AA. Not sure if the other port is for just charging, or maybe for 2nd input into AA. 

Both USB slots can support AA but only one connection at a time, so one port can be used as a mass storage device of your music whilst your AA works from the other port.

you can definitely use AA and USB music at the same time. Spotify is £9.99 a month and you won’t buy another CD ever again, or if you have a contract with Vodafone then you can choose a free Spotify subscription as part of your deal on their ‘red’ plans. 

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 3:01 PM, Jonro2009 said:

...............Glad you got it sorted, I know it's a bit of a PITA to have to connect all the time but it's become as routine as putting my seatbelt on now, don't even think about it. Plus the added bonus of the phone charging during the journey can be a lifesaver sometimes.

Now, I only have SYNC on my ST, so can't use AA. 

However, this might save some people having to plug in a cable each time they connect to the car. We also own a Citroen C4 Cactus (my wife's!), with Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, and MirrorLink®.

For some time, we have used magnetic connector cables for charging our mobiles. Until recently, most of these cables did not also allow data transfer.

However, we've recently purchased revised editions which allows both. The advantage of this particular one, is that it has 360 degree circular connecting, removing the need to align a plug/cable each time. Insert the adapter once into the phone socket, leave in place, and from then on, the cable will magnetically connect for charging and data transfer. We have used it successfully for nearly 2 weeks, and AA works fine. I don't see any reason why it would not work on any make of car.

This is the one we purchased (USB type-C). Obviously you'll need more than one cable, so that you'll also have one to charge from a mains adapter plug/connect to a computer. One point, although they show IOS connectors, I can't seem to find them on the site, so Apple users may be currently unlucky.

https://uk.banggood.com/Bakeey-3A-Micro-USB-Type-C-Fast-Charging-Data-Cable-For-OPPO-R11-R15-R17-HUAWEI-P30-XIAOMI-MI9-S10-S10-p-1537123.html?utm_design=41&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=Neworder171109&utm_campaign=trigger-emarsys&utm_content=winna&sc_src=email_2675773&sc_eh=78beb3e4fbfc79ed1&sc_llid=16648946&sc_lid=105229698&sc_uid=UX6NXkAMEn&ID=6157220530122&cur_warehouse=CN

• 11 months later...

On mine it stopped connecting but then sorted itself out after 48 hours. The first time it didn't work was after my phone got soaked in heavy rain. It was still charging though, so no idea why AA wasn't starting.

3 hours ago, Pateksan said:

On mine it stopped connecting but then sorted itself out after 48 hours. The first time it didn't work was after my phone got soaked in heavy rain. It was still charging though, so no idea why AA wasn't starting.

I had an old Samsung 5 , I think that was the problem.  After upgrading to an iPhone 7 I’ve had no issues with plugging in for Carplay. 
Apart from I had to delete waze as it was causing an issue with the audio volume , even when the waze app wasn’t open . 

I've got the same car as you Alex (albeit an estate) I've got about 30gig of music on a USB stick that sits in the glovebox USB port. 

When you plug the stick in it comes up as an option to select from *select source*, you can have both the phone and the stick plugged in at the same time.

That is handy. Ford documentation gives the impression that only one USB can work data at a time. I wonder if  temporarily stopping maps from working on the phone would allow Ford's nav to work whilst connected through AA?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club