Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Average speed readout on MK8

Blatto

On my MK7 ST-Line 140 the average speed readout worked in a logical way. Not so on the MK8.

If you sit in the car with the electrics turned on but never having started the engine, the average speed will gradually reduce which is pretty stupid.

The MK 7 would logically start reducing the average if you had started  the engine and weren't moving and also if you had stopped when the auto stop start had turned the engine off as both of those situations could be part of the journey and therefore affecting your average speed.

Having only just got the car I have been playing around with the various sync 3 settings etc.. which has resulted in the reading being incorrect.

Granted it's not a major problem but seems like a stupid change to a system that worked fine before.

Not noticed this so thought I'd check this out after seeing your post, just out of curiosity. Just been out to the car to tidy all the sweet papers out of the door pockets etc, so left the ignition on, but car not started, while I did so. After 15+ minutes, both Trip 1 and Trip 2 were still showing the same average speed that they did when I first switched on the ignition.

• Thanks 1

Hmm wierd, Just been out in my car which showed an average of 38mph for the journey when I returned to my driveway. Switched the engine off and went indoors to fetch my Sony Walkman off the charger. I hadn't connected it to the car before so spent about 5 mins with the electrics on but engine off whilst I fiddled with the bluetooth connection.

By the time I'd got it all connected and tested  out the average mph was showing 31mph.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Blatto said:

Hmm wierd, Just been out in my car which showed an average of 38mph for the journey when I returned to my driveway. 

Weird indeed. My average mph on Trip 1 was also 38 mph (though mine stayed there). Maybe they're all just set at 38mph to fool us?😀

Once it's run in I'll try and get an Average 100mph, see if that confuses it 😄