Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remapped ECU transfer to another 2005 Focus

grafton

how do i transfer my remapped ECU from one focus 2.0 tdci to another focus 2.0 tdci, both cars are same year/generation 2005

i need the ECU, ignition key, full ignition barrel and 'black ring', drivers door lock..... anything else?

is it at all possible?

You only need to change the PCM. After changing the PCM the keys need to be programmed and the PCM needs to be paired with the instrument cluster. This can easily be done with an ELM327 interface and the free Forscan software.

Changing the PCM however is only possible if both engines are 100% identical and both PCM's have the same hardware and base software. To determine whether it is possible or not to change the PCM you should compare the hardware numbers of both PCM's.

hi, thanks for the response

where is the PCM located? in the passenger side front wheel arch? in front of the road wheel? kind of behind the front fog light area?

is it easy enough to get out?

cheers

The PCM is located behind the left hand front wing. To gain access the inner splash shield needs to be removed. The PCM is installed in a watertight plastic enclosure which can easily be opened by removing the screws. The PCM itself is secured by a mounting bracket (security bracket) which is attached by a shear bolt. Drilling is required to remove the shear bolt.

15 hours ago, JW1982 said:

The PCM is located behind the left hand front wing. To gain access the inner splash shield needs to be removed. The PCM is installed in a watertight plastic enclosure which can easily be opened by removing the screws. The PCM itself is secured by a mounting bracket (security bracket) which is attached by a shear bolt. Drilling is required to remove the shear bolt.

That's handy in the event of a crash lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club