Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MK2] Why won't my door handle surrounds go back in?

mholt1995
聽Share

Removed my door cards recently to apply some Dynamat so I could ideally remove some of the door card rattling when listening to music with heavy bass thuds.

Applied said Dynamat, replaced a couple of clips that were broken in the process (I think 14 years had seized some of the clips a bit) and after putting the door card back on, the door handle surrounds just do not want to clip back in.

uzasGmJ.jpg

YY3n2Qb.jpg

Even after undoing my work on the sound deadening and replacing a couple more clips (the door fully sits flush now, it wasn't doing so before), I'm still unable to clip the surrounds in. They clip in just fine when the door card isn't on so I seemingly haven't broken either the surround or the mountings.

Is there something obvious that I'm missing? Starting to get a tad frustrated with this now 馃槥

Any help gratefully received.

If any more pictures are required I will happily provide.

Additionally, if there's anyone near Peterborough with experience taking them off and putting them back on, let's work something out...

I鈥檓 guessing you have tried putting the surround in with the switch end going in first? The other end will give you more flex when you try to push them in.

• Like 1

I have upgrade my entire sound system including amplifiers and my door handles also pop out due to the increased base聽

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I鈥檓 guessing you have tried putting the surround in with the switch end going in first? The other end will give you more flex when you try to push them in.

Doesn't seem to have made any difference sadly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club