Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Qi Wireless charger

johnH

Just to let people know it is possible to install the ACV Qi Charger into the MK4. Basic steps are:

1. Pull gear gator up (its clipped)

2. Remove gear gator surround (the one with buttons on)

3. Pull trim on passenger side out (again clipped in)

4. Drivers side. Remove small circle trim to access 6mm bolt. Remove and pull trim. Now there is also 2x torx screws (1 each side) and the tray with usb and aux port should lift up...bearing in mind wires.

5. Unclip all wires and on the bottom of the phone tray is plastic honey combing...use a craft knife to remove.

6. Stick on wireless charger and connect harness up.

7. Put it all back together and enjoy cable free...unless u use android auto or apple carplay.

https://shop.ford.co.uk/collections/other-infotainment-accessories/products/acv-qi-wireless-charging-kit-universal-kit?model=focus&year=2018

• Like 2

Hi JohnH,

Excellent guide buddy. Thank you so much.

Is it possible for you to attache some pictures with this guide as it will help?

Thank you once again.

Theres a YouTube guide to fitting a pad to a Fiesta

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DZPgh4_LrR_0&ved=2ahUKEwiK__DGrJzlAhUMUlAKHaIsBzIQwqsBMAR6BAgEEA0&usg=AOvVaw1XNPPk2p1DCW8HVeI1GUL0

Although not exactly the same the trim removal is similar enough to give you an idea. 

I'm interested to know how sensitive this pads charging   is to the phone moving around as this is the problem with the factory fitted item that stopped me having one on my car

Ill get some pics/videos uploaded tomorrow.

In terms of phone moving i did a journey from gateshead to darlington using a mixture of roads such as dual carriageways, motorway and even rallied it around a country road and the phone hardly slid around on the rubber mat. Ive got a Samsung s9 with the Samsung fabric case.

• 1 month later...

Hi John,

I've a focus active and I was thinking about getting a wireless charger could I please see your pics and videos

• 2 months later...

Hello! Can you tell if it’s possible remove the side panels without remove the gear gator? Thanks a lot. 

• 3 months later...

Article is a few months old and the link to the pdf document doesn’t work anymore.

does anyone have a copy that can be reposted or send it to me by email?

• 4 weeks later...

Wish they came up with something like this for the MK3, possibly in the arm rest or something. Or I’d happily get rid of the cup holders for this! Great find :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2019 at 12:55 PM, johnH said:

Just to let people know it is possible to install the ACV Qi Charger into the MK4. Basic steps are:

1. Pull gear gator up (its clipped)

2. Remove gear gator surround (the one with buttons on)

3. Pull trim on passenger side out (again clipped in)

4. Drivers side. Remove small circle trim to access 6mm bolt. Remove and pull trim. Now there is also 2x torx screws (1 each side) and the tray with usb and aux port should lift up...bearing in mind wires.

5. Unclip all wires and on the bottom of the phone tray is plastic honey combing...use a craft knife to remove.

6. Stick on wireless charger and connect harness up.

7. Put it all back together and enjoy cable free...unless u use android auto or apple carplay.

https://shop.ford.co.uk/collections/other-infotainment-accessories/products/acv-qi-wireless-charging-kit-universal-kit?model=focus&year=2018

Hi there, new to the forum, so go easy on me 😬

I’ve installed the same charger as you, but find it very rarely charges. It will charge for about 5 seconds then stop, really driving me crazy!! 

What I would like to know, if it would be possible to order the original tray with wireless charge pad that would come if ordered from factory?

If so, would you or anyone know part numbers needed?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

• 1 year later...

So they have brought a decent one of the qi wireless kit out that is actually for the mk4. part number is 2452297 (£80), just make sure you get the new style mat as well, stops your phone sliding about so much. part no. 2424210(£11). At the moment they show as out of stock online but when i went to my local dealer they had it there in a couple of hours.. Hope this helps someone👍

• 1 year later...

This info is very useful for me as about to buy a 69-plate ford focus Vignale with everything except wireless charging.... How could ford justify a Vignale top of the range model allegedly with everything and then not include wireless charging, however video strip down and reassembly would be most helpful, as I'm just about ok at changing a fuse, and that's it.

Cheers. 

Mark

When I posted my question i didn't know the subject had been gone into in such depth, but I wanted to know if anyone would be able to do or point me in the direction of a video how to highlight fitting the wireless charger on an automatic 69 plate model with the rotary gear changer, which looks like it might be a bugger to get apart. I also want to know what Kenny meant when he said..."7. Put it all back together and enjoy cable free...unless u use android auto or apple carplay."...... Kenny if you are reading this, whats the deal with that comment?? Is it because the current drain when using Android Auto means it cannot keep up with the drain on the battery??

Wireless charging it's useless if you're using android auto, the phone is discharging rather than charging !

If you are using android auto it will be plugged in to USB and charging from the cable instead. 

On 10/14/2019 at 9:16 PM, Comares2001 said:

Theres a YouTube guide to fitting a pad to a Fiesta

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DZPgh4_LrR_0&ved=2ahUKEwiK__DGrJzlAhUMUlAKHaIsBzIQwqsBMAR6BAgEEA0&usg=AOvVaw1XNPPk2p1DCW8HVeI1GUL0

Although not exactly the same the trim removal is similar enough to give you an idea. 

I'm interested to know how sensitive this pads charging   is to the phone moving around as this is the problem with the factory fitted item that stopped me having one on my car

The phone moving issue is fixed by a new design rubber mat, now available from Ford

Thank you all for the replies. I  have an AA wireless device so  can use my note 20 ultra wirelessly, thats why the big  deal about a wireless charger. In a very strange set of circumstances I can connect  my phone wirelessly via my AA wireless device, but am unable to connect using a  cable, just comes up with a message saying something about connecting and 2 circles rotating, but never does  connect.. Now got a much bigger issue to deal with, concerning really poor fuel consumption, on a 1.5 diesel auto.. New post all about it  somewhere on here....

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club