Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Focus - Recent cost cutting

Marwell

Rather someone else did the writing off for me. But yeh 182 was always on the cards anyway. 1.0 felt underpowered. 

• Like 1

With respect, opinions on 'quietness' are all subjective. Unless someone posts results taken with a decibel reader, take it all with a pinch of freshly ground rock salt...

Is it me or are the pop out door protectors no longer on the new focus? They’re not on my ST-Line X 182 but on reviews of the car online they are. Not that I’m bothered as they will probably break with them looking kind of flimsy but did think they were a cool feature. Just wondering if they are anyone else’s focus or they have been dropped? There was no mention of them being dropped before ordering my car which I picked up in September. 

Edited by Jonny be good
Typo

Not even an option on the ST.

I didn't want them anyway, always been bothered they'd break or get stuck and damage the doors.

Never heard of them, just googled, what a fabulous feature! It's a shame if they dropped them, in 10 years time I may gave bought a used car with them on!

42 minutes ago, Jonny be good said:

Is it me or are the pop out door protectors no longer on the new focus?

I have them on my Titanium, which was built after the May changes.

I think they are only standard on Titanium and maybe Vignale and Active.

They come as part of the convenience pack at least that was the situation when I purchased my car late December last year..

Convenience Pack
Rear Wide-view Camera, Door Edge Protectors, Active Park Assist for Manual transmission; Active Park Assist
2 for Automatic transmission, (vehicle also takes control of accelerator, gearshift and braking)

Standard on Vignale.

23 minutes ago, PLB said:

They come as part of the convenience pack

My apologies, thinking back they were part of the Convenience pack on my car also.

18 hours ago, PLB said:

They come as part of the convenience pack at least that was the situation when I purchased my car late December last year..

Convenience Pack
Rear Wide-view Camera, Door Edge Protectors, Active Park Assist for Manual transmission; Active Park Assist
2 for Automatic transmission, (vehicle also takes control of accelerator, gearshift and braking)

Standard on Vignale.

The Convenience pack is not an available option on the ST, not sure if you can buy the kit separately and fit it as when I open the door on my ST I can see the blanked off holes as to where it would go. I am fairly sure you could for the MK3 / 3.5.

20 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Not even an option on the ST.

I didn't want them anyway, always been bothered they'd break or get stuck and damage the doors.

They're on my car and work fine with no sign of fragility. Also had Mk3 for several years with them. One of best ideas to come (presumably ) from Ford now the focus has gone off cup holder  design

Shame they don't protect your doors from others though - that's the bigger issue imo.

• Like 1

'Pop out door protectors'...

Just wondered if mine count? They were a £2.60 non standard option LOL Guaranteed never to go faulty. 😀

778333764_dorprotector.thumb.jpg.86f5b74331b8df086f66d63e0fd23a55.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

'Pop out door protectors'...

Just wondered if mine count? They were a £2.60 non standard option LOL Guaranteed never to go faulty. 😀

778333764_dorprotector.thumb.jpg.86f5b74331b8df086f66d63e0fd23a55.jpg

God I hate those things...not just a dislike either, it's a proper repulsive hatred! :laugh:

It's an excellent way to make sure your doors look permanently crap while avoiding the occasional, and much less noticeable, minor edge scuff... :tongue:

They were always a favourite accessory of my Dad's, along with the static shock hanger and tartan blanket. :lol:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

They were always a favourite accessory of my Dad's, along with the static shock hanger and tartan blanket. :lol:

Oh dear I have a tartan blanket (just for winter emergencies you understand! Though I haven't seen a static shock hanger for over 30 years 😁 I like your dad... By the way, I hope you noticed that I searched for a proper matching 'blue' reflector not just ordinary red - I have standards you know LOL

• Haha 1

I did notice the reflectors tbf!  At least they weren't in 90's amber... :biggrin:

I used to get static shocks off cars all the time (despite the hangars lol) but can't remember the last time it happened now.  I wonder what's changed...have I become less conductive or has something changed in the cars themselves? 🤔

27 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I used to get static shocks off cars all the time (despite the hangars lol) but can't remember the last time it happened now.  I wonder what's changed...have I become less conductive or has something changed in the cars themselves? 🤔

It'll be the new eco friendly static electricity, not enough power in it to give you a shock but its saving a penguin somewhere.

• Haha 2

Cars don't give you a shock, it's static built up on you that discharges on to the car.

Usually from the seats, or your clothing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Cars don't give you a shock, it's static built up on you that discharges on to the car.

Usually from the seats, or your clothing.

the 1990's car seats were good for static build up . i used to wiggle around in a seat then without touching anything, get out  car, then be charged while walking around ready to discharge through my finger ( or screwdriver in my hand if i didnt want shock also) at any unsuspecting person nearby. maximum effect if touching ear lobe. pmsl. 

• Haha 3

mmm... my friends old Allegro (brown of course) with luxury velour seats were a prime source of static. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah, so it's a bit of both then!  I'm no longer clad in highly flammable plastic clothing and car seats are no longer velour!! :laugh:

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 11:58 AM, focustitanium12 said:

The Convenience pack is not an available option on the ST, not sure if you can buy the kit separately and fit it as when I open the door on my ST I can see the blanked off holes as to where it would go. I am fairly sure you could for the MK3 / 3.5.

Unless things have changed recently the brochure appears to indicate that it is an option for the ST.

Option Packs.png

6 hours ago, PLB said:

Unless things have changed recently the brochure appears to indicate that it is an option for the ST.

Option Packs.png

Looking at that it doesnt show the ST-Line and not the ST. The latest brochure on Fords site shows that it is (still) not an option for the ST.

options.PNG

• Like 1

Isnt that because the features in the convenience pack are standard on the ST and Vignale  ?

• Like 1

Yes, exactly this.   The Vignale comes with rear camera, park assist and door protectors as standard.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club