Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help finding a part petrol overflow/breather pipe

03fiestaZTEC

Hi all thanks for taking the time to read and hopefully help me!

I have an 04 1.4 Fiesta, a few weeks ago i noticed a petrol leak and the garage has advised that its coming from a petrol overflow/breather pipe.

There is a pipe that takes any excess fuel when the tank is full and this has a slight crack in it and has resulted in the leak.

The pipe is connected to the tank via a rubber pipe near the petrol tank.

The garage has contacted Ford who has advised the part has been discontinued, I have tried scap yards but i have had not joy in finding a replacement.

I am not sure if I am asking for the right item (Petrol overflow pipe) and if this has resulted in me not getting any responses.

What is the mechancal name of this part?

Does any body know were i could source one?

any help of advice would be greatly appreciated

Sadly i don't have my Fiesta anymore so can't check! but from what i remember there were two pipes on the top of the tank that connect to the fuel filler neck.

They both had small length of rubber hose connecting them to the filler neck pipes. I assume thats what you mean?

Search on eBay / scrappers for the filler neck, you may be able to get a used one with the rubber pipes still connected.

You can still get them , but new they are £225. Plenty of new ones listed on eBay. 1697486 is the ford part number I believe. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

From the photo on eBay, if you are just trying to get the smaller one of the two, it looks like a standard piece of petrol resistant rubber clamped to the metal pipe - I assume its the rubber that's the split bit on yours?

If you can find the diameter out, you should be able to source a hose elsewhere to replace the perished part on your car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club