Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus static corner light?

BlackStorm

Hello my friends,

2017 focus titanium is have static corner light via fog lights? İf not can we activate this?

Thanks.

My 2017 doesn't have it but I would imagine it is easily done via Forscan.

I don't want to do mine because I have tinted the lenses on mine so they wouldn't make any difference and the amount of time we have 'real' fog is so little.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't think it's possible through Forscan, it's something that's only done through the Xenon lamps which have the cornering ability. I've seen retrofitted lights but again it's a question of legality of using them, most of the mods I've seen have either used DRL lights or tapped into the fog lamps. Those was mostly American drivers, which from what I've seen they don't bat an eyelid over.

Lots of the ford range use the static fogs as cornering lights, the ones without LED use them mainly. The LED dynamic headlights move with the steering wheel under certain speeds

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm sharing two videos. First is VW Polo. Video owner's says that, that is not working on car as originally. "but we changed some code in vagcom after that its activated."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0tv9FvevHo

2. video is working different way. There is an halogen bulb additionally in the headlamps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN8mH0Je07c&t=6s

I think, maybe we can activate it like polo ?

Unfortunately that is not possible on the Focus MK3/MK3.5

The Focus MK3/MK3.5 front fog lights are both powered by a single power supply from the BCM. This basically means that the BCM does not have the ability to swith the left front fog light and the right front fog light independently.

If you want to use the front fog lights as static cornering lights you need at least some sort of control module that has the ability to switch the left front fog light and the right front fog light independently based on steering angle, vehicle speed and indicator activity.

I am currently developing my own Arduino compatible CANbus controlled cornering light module. My module is connected to the CANbus network and has the ability to switch the left front fog light and the right front fog light independently based on steering angle, vehicle speed, indicator activity and position of the light switch. Apart from this the front fog light functionality also remains fully functional.

Hi, the static cornering lights on my 2015 titanium X only worked when the headlight switch was in the ‘auto’ position.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club