Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car purchase

Bobr

I don't seem to be able to play music from a memory stick in this car.   It seem to want to play music from my iPhone.   Anyone know why?

It could be the usb connector, I would give it a good clean out as they aren't in the best spot. That being said I've only done it on mine as a test once and it worked. The rest of the time I use bluetooth and that works awesome. 

I think these radios (at least the sony) wants the drive to be formatted in Fat 32, does it even see the files on the drive?

I've used the same USB stick in 2 Mk 7 Fiestas (one Sony, one Ford radio), a Mk 2.5 Focus (Sony) and now my Mk 8 Fiesta (Ford Sync 3).  I have had the odd connection problem with the ports as Ron suggests, mainly I think because I didn't leave the stick in all the time. I've left it plugged in my current car in the port which is in the centre console storage compartment, no issues so far after 20 months.

Edit-ps: I've searched eBay etc in the past for blanking plugs to keep dust out of USB ports, without success. Anyone know of a good source?

Thanks guys. Took the stick out and blew the USB port with a rocket blower and it now works.

I've driven just under 100 miles now and I just love this gearbox.

• Like 1

Sounds like you're sorted then, Bob😀 Hope it helps the knee!

Thanks Roger.   My knee is already improving.

Trying to run a cable for a dash cam the same as I had in my old car.   I used som sticky pads with hooks to hold the cable that stuck to the underside of the dash.   They won't stick to the underside of this dash and I think it's been waxed.   Does anyone know of a good wax remover?

I've used a magic eraser successfully on a few surfaces but not tried plastic, I can't say if it will leave a dull finish to the dash. But if it's only an area behind the dash then it'll be ok.

Thanks Michael; the area concerned can't be seen so it doesn't really matter.   I'll try it.

Sorry to keep bothering you guys but I see this every time I go into reverse.   Have been through the instruction book with a fine tooth comb and can't find anything that refers to it.

DSCN3994.jpg

That's for your rear parking sensors. So when you get close to something while backing up it will beep, give it a test. It's pretty handy. 🙂

• Thanks 1

I had rear parking sensors on my last car but never saw this.   Is it just giving an indication of the area covered by the sensors?

Yeah and it lights up in range pattern so you know how close and which zone is triggering it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ron.   I'll have a closer look at it next time it beeps.

Had a look this morning Ron and it does light up.

• Like 1

It's handy but sometimes it also gives a false reading, though more times than though it's good for blind spots. 🙂

I thought the handling on this car wasn't a patch on my old one.   It was tending to wallow a bit.   Then I discovered, this morning, that it had been sold to me with all the tyres set at 20 psi.   After I reset them to 33 - 26 the car handled beautifully.

• Like 2

Just browsing through the thread @Bobr and thought the tyres were low in your photo posted earlier.

As for the parking sensors, if you didn't have the zone popup before then perhaps the reverse sensors were dealer fitted to the previous car. I have this on my current ST, the sensors were dealer fitted and thus you loose the dash popup for the reversing zones. Not the end of the world but preferred it in the Zetec I had before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zico said:

then perhaps the reverse sensors were dealer fitted to the previous car. 

Yes, I've had dealer fitted sensors on 2 cars which were fine, but the zone indication on the factory fitted sensors is an improvement. Current car has the camera as well - even better!😀

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bobr said:

I thought the handling on this car wasn't a patch on my old one.   It was tending to wallow a bit.   Then I discovered, this morning, that it had been sold to me with all the tyres set at 20 psi.   After I reset them to 33 - 26 the car handled beautifully.

Wow Bob that's low.  My last car, an A3, had the tyres set to 44 all round by the the Audi dealership when they should have been 35 & 32 lol.

Glad you spotted it and it's all good now.

• Thanks 1

@Bobr forgot to add previously, I've got a Race Red Ford touch up kit somewhere at home. If you want it, I am happy to post it to you for nothing. I think they have a 'use by' date but not sure what it is until I find it. No use to me with a Spirit Blue car now :smile:

Many thanks Yaz.   I've sent you a private message

21 hours ago, Bobr said:

When I got my New 2019 ST-Line a few weeks back I was a bit worried about the handling the first trip out, seemed to have less grip than my previous 2016 St-Line and the ride was a bit firmer.

Checked the tyre pressures and they were on 44 on the front and 38 on rears if my memory serves me correctly. Set them to the correct 33/26 and now it's superb.

You'd think that would be one of the first checks they do, the guy who delivered had driven 90 miles with it like that.

• Like 1

It bugs me when some dealers, car places cant get tyre pressures correct , have had that before when tyres are lower or higher, im always keen have mine correct .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club