Do Not Sell My Personal Information

seat belt warning 2017 140 st line.

treborman 99

hi

just pick up a 2017 fiesta 1.o ecoboost 140 st line ,

over the weekend i notice that 

you can drive it with no seat belt warning , is there a way to turn this off ?

or is this a fault and it needs to go back to fords 

Someone probably deactivated it.
It's easily done using a specific pattern of inserting and removing the belt buckle from the socket.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Someone probably deactivated it.
It's easily done using a specific pattern of inserting and removing the belt buckle from the socket.

Is that on the MK8 Stoney? 

9 minutes ago, tef89 said:

Is that on the MK8 Stoney? 

I think can see where you're going with this Gary! I'm ok with getting a warning to say a belt is not fastened, but wouldn't mind getting rid of the one that says it is!😀

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I think can see where you're going with this Gary! I'm ok with getting a warning to say a belt is not fastened, but wouldn't mind getting rid of the one that says it is!😀

Exactly 🙂

I always thought the cluster warning message requiring the OK press was not removable.  Having re-read the OP I think I mis-understood and it's relating to the warning icon, not the message.

• Like 1

Yes, could be. It's the message that bugs me - mine stays on for ages. If I don't hit the OK button I  can get 2/3 miles down the road before I can see the "My screen" and hence the digital speed reading.

The sestbelt reminder really shouldn't be deactivated unless you have the legal right to drive without a seatbelt on (emergency services, taxi drivers etc..).
As I'm authorised to drive without a seatbelt in my work car the reminder is disabled but only on the drivers side.
I won't condone somebody driving without a belt on so will not assist others in disabling the system but will assist with reactivating it if need be.

As the driver you are also legally responsible for making sure all your passangers are belted up yoo.

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

The sestbelt reminder really shouldn't be deactivated unless you have the legal right to drive without a seatbelt on (emergency services, taxi drivers etc..).

That's as it should be, Clive and I (and I'm sure Gary also) was not talking about the "no seat belt" warning. I certainly have no issue with visual and audible warning that belt(s) are not fastened. This Fiesta is however the the first car I've had that tells me in such an intrusive fashion that belts are fastened (no doubt because of legislation) but I find this unnecessary and distracting. Moan over!😀

• Like 2

That's as it should be, Clive and I (and I'm sure Gary also) was not talking about the "no seat belt" warning. I certainly have no issue with visual and audible warning that belt(s) are not fastened. This Fiesta is however the the first car I've had that tells me in such an intrusive fashion that belts are fastened (no doubt because of legislation) but I find this unnecessary and distracting. Moan over![emoji3]
I get where you're coming from now.
I thought the reference was to a fasten searbelt warning not a status message.
Mate has a Clio and it has a light on the overhead console and a dash messsge showing the status of the rear belts.
He buckles the rear belts even when empty to cut the dash message.

• Like 2

It is annoying. There must not be pressure sensors in the back seats  because a warning is given if one of the rear seat passengers unbuckles their belt when the car is moving. The only reason I know this is it sometimes happens when I'm manoeuvring into a parking space and haven't completely stopped yet.

Yeah absolutely no interest in disabling the seatbealt warning icon, not even really that fussed about the info pop-up on start up, was just interested if the procedure disabled the message as I'd read previously it wasn't possible to do so.

I've got used to mindlessly pressing OK on several messages on the last few cars 😁 it's all keeping us much safer 😉

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club