Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RPD

paulrobertchambers@yahoo.c

Is it just me or does nobody at ford not seem to know what these are ? I am soooo losing the will to live , can anyone advise ?

bumped the car into the field and the RPD bars popped up ( behind passenger head rests

how to get them reset ? and what it requires? 

ps thank you for your reply 

Ok, I will see what I can find. 

This isn't the forum section use really. I would post your question in the focus section to get more reaction/help. 

So you mean the roll over protection bars?
I'm pretty sure they are part of the safety systems (airbags, belt tensioners etc) so would need refitting and resetting by a dealer level diagnostic system.
It's possible they are a one shot deal so may need replacing once deployed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

P.s, moved to correct forum for you.

• Like 2

It would appear from looking at this picture that once tripped the solenoid releases the locking hook and the springs drive the bar up wherein the ribbed pin at the bottom drives upwards and jams into a tube thereby stopping the bar from coming back down ever again.
I would say most definitely one shot like an airbag.

a66b3b6678509af1c3f6a4168c83b445.jpg

• Like 1

May be lucky, if the airbags aren't deployed then the safety system didn't trip, seeing as it was just the bars that deployed I'd say this is the likely scenario.

I reckon that the bumpy ride must have just caused the retaining hook to jump enough to allow the bars to deploy.

It that's the case then just replacing the units should do the trick.

Restraint systems can trigger individually depending on the forces and direction of forces. Roll over bars can trigger independently from the rest of the airbags. New units required then the RCM will need resetting.( RCM can be reset a maximum of 5 times) 

I had an accident in a customer's car a few years ago and the seat belt pretenioners went off withe the knee air bag. The rest of the airbags didn't deploy. 

• Like 2