Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TPMS Retrofit Mk7.5 with wheel sensors

540itouring

Hi , I have retrofitted many upgrades to my mk7.5 fiesta 13 reg  inc Sat nav , Front parking , reverse camera Parking sensor on/off switch and TPMS Direct and all to OEM standard functions + High coolant temp early warning system as soon as coolant  tank water starts to fall .

These all work perfect and done the programming with Forscan.     The TPMS I just reprogramed and reset the ABS ECU for direct TPMS (without wheel sensors)  . I now have a complete Diagnostic equipment + stand alone TPMS program / config + faults + Sensor activate etc....

Question   .   I would like to retrofit the OEM  TPMS system with 4 wheel Sensors so I can monitor tyre pressures of each wheel etc. 

Does any one have any info on a ciruit diagram of the 4 x wheel arch aerials and where they wire to. ?    I would think this may be back to the body control ecu as do not think this model had had a TPMS ecu ?      I know in forscan the ecu can be config to have TPMS with sensors so apart from program  4 wheel sensors with my kit + instal wheel arch areals and wire them back to the body ecu ? 

Just would like to know and circuit info or any one done this ?     Also if I was looking to get the wheel aerials from scrap cars which year models had them as standard with TPMS with wheel sensors .

My car is Titanium X 125 ecoboost 2013.  Was this standard from 2014 with TPMS Wheel sensors ?

Thanks for any help in advance

yes the bcm is the receiver but it would still have wheel arch aerials wired back to the bcm or the signal would be too weak to detect. All the car circuits from other make cars work this way. I can not see the wheel sensors transmitting back to the bcm with no extra wiring and wheel arch aerials but would be very easy retrofit if you are correct.      If this does have wheel arch aerials thet would be behind the wheel arch liners so not on show.

Thanks again for your help

Have you done this upgrade with sensors

Early fords had aerials but later fords the bcm can pick up the sensors signal no problem. 

I will give it a go them as I have the sensors and a TPMS  computer to program the Sensor ID etc..    I will look into this soon

I doubt the bcm you have will be right one with the receiver, but no harm in trying. 

9 hours ago, 540itouring said:

OEM standard functions + High coolant temp early warning system as soon as coolant  tank water starts to fall .

These all work perfect and done the programming with Forscan.     

Unrelated question; could you please expand on this early warning system? Is it an OEM system?

In answer to your question on the date TPMS was incorporated, my Titanium X  build date 18/02/2014 does not have it. I does however have the earlier DDS system but I had to activate this myself via Forscan.  The Ford dealer was unable / unwilling to do it. So you need a car with a build date later than this. Hope this narrows down your search.

Ok so must be about a 15 to 16 reg date to have this. Was this standard on a ST ?   Any info on part numbers of a Bci module that would have a TPMS built in . I will then look for a used one to program and test

2 hours ago, 540itouring said:

Ok so must be about a 15 to 16 reg date to have this.

My Mrs's car was pre-registered by the dealer because it didn't have this feature. Iirc TPMS became mandatory on cars sold from 1 November 2014 so most late  64 plate and certainly all 15 plate should have it.

The direct tpms on fiesta doesn't show the tyre pressures on the display just for reference. Only the same message that indirect tpms shows.

What advantage does the wheels with sensors have then if it does not display the tyre pressures. Does it just tell you the wheel that has lost pressure ? The version i have now just tells you to check tyre pressures but does not know what wheel is low. I was looking for tyre pressure displayed on monitor with the wheel sensor version.

Thanks

Only the mk8 can show the tyre pressures. What advantage.mmmm. none really. Probably triggers the display at a lesser loss of pressure. 

In that case i may as well leave it as it is as the TPMS has worked perfect since i enabled it with forscan

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club