Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hill Start Assist Not Available error.

cabaoth69

I'm looking for some expert's advice. I've had my Fiesta Titanium for about 6 years. And recently got the TCM replaced. Now, I'm having this error that pops up. "Hill Start Assist Not Available", and the ABS, Handbrake, and AntiSkid led lighted up. But once you turn off the engine, it goes away. I tried to repeat the error. And found out, whenever the car stops, while the gear is in [D], and the car rolls back a bit, the error comes up. I took the car to a Ford center near me, and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. They did suggest the ABS pump module may be faulty. 

Will the Hill Start Assist, affects or endanger my car? 

Does anyone had any similar problem. Did replacing the ABS Pump solved the problem? Or rather will replacing it solve this problem?

I would say if they replaced the TCM module and can not read any stored fault codes it could be that the TCM may have a programming  (options) error or it needs to be reset after it was programmed.  lf it was programmed without hillstart option that would explain the fault.  Take it back as they need to check these things

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks 540itouring. I've sent the car in. They've checked the programming. And apparently, uploaded a new program. But I still get the error, just not very frequently. 

I really do hope I don't need to replace the ABS Pump as suggested by the mechanics.

Nonetheless, thank you for your feedback. Really appreciate it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club