Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help have a split pipe

MakamPete

Hi everyone

I own a 2007 ford s-max 2.0 tdci (140) and its gone into limp mode, had FORscan and read various errors, however I have found a split in the pipe pictured. what pipe is this? is it a air intake or intercooler? sorry not very technical. Its the main pipe in the middle just left from the oil filler cap.

cheersspacer.png

Peter

my apologies this is an internet image and not of my engine bay, wouldn't let me upload any other way.

If your refering to the bendy plastic hose, it called an intercooler hose. You can get a rubber hose to replace this on eBay. Search 1468764 on eBay and think you should see some results that appears to be the pipe in question. 

13 hours ago, iantt said:

If your refering to the bendy plastic hose, it called an intercooler hose. You can get a rubber hose to replace this on eBay. Search 1468764 on eBay and think you should see some results that appears to be the pipe in question. 

thanks Ian its the "s"sort shape pipe that has 3 ridges that connects to what i believe is the EGR valve with a large jubilee clip and goes down to front of the car. hoping that is the intercooler pipe and easy to replace although ones on eBay dont look same shape.

cheers

Pete 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to jump onto this, but does anybody know the part number for this same hose but on an engine bay which looks like the below? @iantt - hoping you can help out as you seem to know your codes well.

I have a suspected split as per the OP, but on my engine I have two pipes -- it's the one on the left and is currently made of plastic.

727_1.thumb.jpg.b4a4d7733bb75a0e5db09596e9025f38.jpg

Plastic ones can be replaced with rubber ones. 

Don't quote me on it but partnumber I think is 1337785

Screenshot_20191026-205023.png

• 8 months later...

I’ve had the same problem with my 2006 S-Max 2.0 TDCI. I bought a new intercooler pipe from eBay but it’s about an inch short of reaching. From what I gather I think the one I have is the pipe for the other side of the intercooler, but I can’t seem to find the one I need.

• 1 year later...

Hello all, 

I too am getting a large whooshing sound as I accelerate and the turbo kicks in. The sound actually sounds like it’s behind me and air getting sucked in through the the vents (It’s not, just sounds like this).

I have removed the plastic S bend pipe as above and there is no obvious sign of cracks/splits. Stupid question time - but I guess the split would be obvious?

As I accelerate and the turbo kicks in there is a huge amount of black smoke, a loss of power, and then the engine malfunction goes off. It’s also burning a lot of fuel. It’s really difficult to hear the noise stationary when revving it up, but it is very clear when moving. There is plenty of pressure from the exhaust also. 

I have inspected but not removed the right hand bottom pipe on the intercooler and this again looks ok.

Any ideas as the car is due to be replaced but it’s fun trying to keep her on the road for just a little bit longer… 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club