MakamPete

Help have a split pipe

Hi everyone

I own a 2007 ford s-max 2.0 tdci (140) and its gone into limp mode, had FORscan and read various errors, however I have found a split in the pipe pictured. what pipe is this? is it a air intake or intercooler? sorry not very technical. Its the main pipe in the middle just left from the oil filler cap.

cheersspacer.png

Peter

my apologies this is an internet image and not of my engine bay, wouldn't let me upload any other way.

If your refering to the bendy plastic hose, it called an intercooler hose. You can get a rubber hose to replace this on eBay. Search 1468764 on eBay and think you should see some results that appears to be the pipe in question. 

13 hours ago, iantt said:

If your refering to the bendy plastic hose, it called an intercooler hose. You can get a rubber hose to replace this on eBay. Search 1468764 on eBay and think you should see some results that appears to be the pipe in question. 

thanks Ian its the "s"sort shape pipe that has 3 ridges that connects to what i believe is the EGR valve with a large jubilee clip and goes down to front of the car. hoping that is the intercooler pipe and easy to replace although ones on ebay dont look same shape.

cheers

Pete 

Sorry to jump onto this, but does anybody know the part number for this same hose but on an engine bay which looks like the below? @iantt - hoping you can help out as you seem to know your codes well.

I have a suspected split as per the OP, but on my engine I have two pipes -- it's the one on the left and is currently made of plastic.

727_1.thumb.jpg.b4a4d7733bb75a0e5db09596e9025f38.jpg

Plastic ones can be replaced with rubber ones. 

Don't quote me on it but partnumber I think is 1337785

Screenshot_20191026-205023.png