Do Not Sell My Personal Information

focus MK 3 Flooding passenger side

jimmyL

Hi - I understand this is a common problem with focus'. Not only does my boot flood but worse still the passenger side ootwell and rear passenger footwell are soaking. When you press the carpetr you can see the water. Does anyone out there have experience of this on this particular model? ford said they will probably need to replace the passenger door seal. But I'm not convinced!

I would start with the boot. If there is lots of water in the boot it tends to run forwards when you hit the brakes or park on a slope. If you park on the left hand side of a crowned road the left hand side of the car floods first.

Is the spare wheel well full of water?

If the water is coming from the boot then there is lots of info on fixing it in this thread: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/70704-possible-mk3-boot-leak/

• Like 1

Spare wheel well sometimes has waer in it. I read somewhere before that there are two vents behind the rear bumper. Water often runs down and goes between the body and the vent. It can be cured by using silicone to prevent this.Trouble is you have to take the rear bumper off to get to them - dont know if thats a big job - anyone got inrfo on that?

Did you look at the link I posted? It shows you how to get the bumper off and seal the vents.

• Like 1

Have a read through this lot, it might help you out a bit and was the problem with the flooded footwell on our Focus.

Page 6 onwards 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club