Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How do I get Android Auto on my 2019 SE?

orbeavhawk

Hi,  I'm new here and just purchased a 2019 Fiesta SE which has Sync 3 and today I synched my Smartphone up OK.  I see the car has Apple Car Play but Android Auto is not seen in

the Settings.  So after getting my Smarty Phone connected up I did already have the Android Auto APP on it....so I turned it ON and tried to get the Sync 3 to SEE it and hopefully add 

Android Auto for me....NO such luck!

PLEASE tell me, if you know, how do I get the Android Auto enabled in my car?

PS - - - I chked what Version Syync 3 is installed, it is not the latest, but close, it's V. 3.00

Thanks,  michael

Make sure you are connected via cable and not bluetooth. Also make sure to use the cable that came with the phone, or at least a very good quality one, cheap ones don't work.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi Michael.  Make sure you have notifications enabled on your phone for Android Auto as it pops up a request relating to permissions for the connection.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 11:35 PM, orbeavhawk said:

Hi,  I'm new here and just purchased a 2019 Fiesta SE which has Sync 3 and today I synched my Smartphone up OK.  I see the car has Apple Car Play but Android Auto is not seen in

the Settings.  So after getting my Smarty Phone connected up I did already have the Android Auto APP on it....so I turned it ON and tried to get the Sync 3 to SEE it and hopefully add 

Android Auto for me....NO such luck!

PLEASE tell me, if you know, how do I get the Android Auto enabled in my car?

PS - - - I chked what Version Syync 3 is installed, it is not the latest, but close, it's V. 3.00

Thanks,  michael

Hello! I see you're from Oregon 😎

In regards to the Sync 3 / Android troubles - did you go through the setup wizard on the android auto app?

Simply installing the app on your phone and connecting the phone to the car isn't enough, you need to go through the steps within the android auto app.

On most Sync 3 vehicles I've driven (including my own car), sometimes the USB connection is a bit finnicky, and wriggles around, you need to be careful and position the cable so that it's as straight as possible.

Let us know if you're still stuck.

• Like 1

THANKS!  I do think that I have, BUT, will double check!   This AM after the car started and it saw my Cell P. ... I plugged it in to see IF the screen on Sync III would go Android Auto automatically with Icons for my AA Apps.....it did not!

Taking it in for oil change WED at a Ford Dealer.....will ask if they can please get this straightened out for me.

7 minutes ago, orbeavhawk said:

THANKS!  I do think that I have, BUT, will double check!   This AM after the car started and it saw my Cell P. ... I plugged it in to see IF the screen on Sync III would go Android Auto automatically with Icons for my AA Apps.....it did not!

Taking it in for oil change WED at a Ford Dealer.....will ask if they can please get this straightened out for me.

Not sure if you already did this but also make sure the android auto toggle is enabled in the Sync settings 🙂

It can be a bit of a fiddle to get it working, but I've rented loads of Sync 3 cars (Fusion, Escape, Explorer etc) and it's worked on all of them, although on some of them I've cursed out loud a few times because of the struggle to get it working! 

If you have easy access to another Sync 3 vehicle (perhaps a dealer one), might be worth trying connecting your phone up and seeing if it gets recognised on that vehicle

• Like 1

To back up.....when I initially did first actual AA TEST I actually got a Screen that I recognized as the one I should have got - - - with Google Apps across the screen etc.   That was the last time I ever saw it!

If you have seen the screen before then it's possibly something you have accidentally changed in the settings. I'd recommend doing a master reset of the Sync unit.

• Like 1

Just got back fm Ford Dealer [service] they said they did a "reset"..... I just removed my A. Auto Program from my Cell Phone.....tomorrow I will try plugging my phone into it again am

hoping that that will trigger it to ask/tell me to download AA....then I can get a FRESH Start!

While at Dealer I asked if they'd please update my Sync III Software fm V. 3.0 to 3.4.....he said it would take 3.5 hrs and cost $150....I said I saw on the internet that several people with cars still under WARR - their Dealers did it for free and it took about 1 hour......he said he'd talk to his boss.  When all said and done, he said if they had an hourly paid person on duty they'd have done it but maybe try another day.....bla, bla.....bla.....BS!

I think you need to have AA on the phone already, in fact I'm pretty sure.
Before connecting the phone make sure you have activated AA in the sync units settings, the slider switch may need to be enabled.

Make sure all your Google apps are up to date on your phone.

Start the engine and make sure the sync unit is powered on, then connect the phone using the manufacturers USB lead. You should get a pop up on the sync screen asking if you want to connect and then a prompt that you need to 'agree' to.

Make sure your phone is unlocked and the screen is on and displaying the home screen. Keep an eye on the phone for any prompts too.

• Like 1

Just checked the online instructions....

Here’s how to set it up:

You need your car parked with the handbrake on or in neutral

Press the ‘Settings’ icon in the Feature Bar.

Press ‘Android Auto Preferences’

Choose ‘Enable Android Auto’.

Plug your smartphone into a USB port.

TOP TIP

Your phone must be compatible with SYNC 3 and be running Android 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher. You also need the latest version of the Android Auto app downloaded on your phone.

You’ll see a pop-up message on your SYNC 3 touchscreen.

Press ‘Continue’

Press ‘Agree’ to accept the terms and conditions.

Data charges may apply.

Accept the terms and conditions on your phone

You might see another pop-up asking to enable Emergency Assist.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS ALL!   A Follow UP:  After your tips and watching UTubes I thought maybe it might benefit me to uninstall my AAuto on my Smart Phone and then just plug it into

my Sync3.....WALA!  Worked - started everything in motion for working INSTALL.....GREAT to have that done now!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club