Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec 1.25 2011 clicking noise

7thSpartan

Hi all, just joined as we've just purchased a fiesta for my son, and it's starting making a strange clicking noise when releasing the acceleration. 

Video below, any help would be greatly appreciated:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Dk2M-Nko4zMLpOvALW4qHrzPW1ev-kkO/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by 7thSpartan
Spelling

To the best of my memory from the garage days, some Air Con Pumps switch off under acceleration because the car is looking for all power from the engine to speed up. Turns back on with you return to idle/cruising RPM. Some new cars also do it with the alternator . It seems fine to me but like like Dozz above has said, get it gassed and see how you go.

You can see there is some clutch mechanism on the bottom right pulley, the click coincides with that moving.

Not sure if that's the alternator pulley or the air con pulley.

I know on my ST-Line 140 (2016) model it had a clutch mechanism on the alternator which engaged when you lifted off the throttle so that the alternator was only running when you were on the overrun. It does this to avoid having the load of turning the alternator all the time i.e. it was only charging on the overrun or you had a large electrical load.

Thanks all. That'll put the wife's mind at ease.

Maybe I should clarify a bit . I didn't mean it might not be a problem. I just never noticed any clicking when lifting off in mine.

I would get it looked at. If it's the Alternator pulley clutch that's clicking and it fails then you will either have a permanently engaged alternator (wasting fuel) or one that doesn't engage and eventually the battery will run flat.

If it's the Aircon pulley your aircon will stop working.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club