Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta EcoBoost 16 Plate - Viewing tyre pressure

Brownie27

Hi,

I have a Ford Fiesta 2016 EcoBoost. Does anyone know how to view your current tyre pressure in vehicle? If I go to menu, vehicle settings, then tyre pressure, this only gives me an option to reset tyre pressure. Is there any way to view the current tyre pressure. I am not worried about how low pressure as this would tell me but I am interested to see my current levels. Think I did this when I first bought the vehicle around a month ago when messing about through the menu but not too sure.

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, iantt said:

Nope, won't show tyre pressures. 

Thank you! 🙂

Didn't have that option on my 2016 ST-Line, just warned you if they were too low and had the reset option you mentioned.

My MK 8 you can display the pressures on screen and on the Fordpass App. Has anyone noticed the ford pass app recommended pressures are different to the ones on the door pillar?

Door Pillar says 33 Fronts, 26 Rear for light loads. Fordpass App says 30 front, 26 rear.

4 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Didn't have that option on my 2016 ST-Line, just warned you if they were too low and had the reset option you mentioned.

My MK 8 you can display the pressures on screen and on the Fordpass App. Has anyone noticed the ford pass app recommended pressures are different to the ones on the door pillar?

Door Pillar says 33 Fronts, 26 Rear for light loads. Fordpass App says 30 front, 26 rear.

My mate has had the same issue with his. Obviously I've had no experience with this but thanks for the reply👍👍

2 hours ago, Blatto said:

Has anyone noticed the ford pass app recommended pressures are different to the ones on the door pillar?

There seems to be a problem with the Ford Pass App, it is showing the wrong recommended pressures for a lot of cars.

Mine is showing 30/26 and they should be 38/38.

You'd think that something as crucial as the correct tyre pressures would be a high priority  to get right and easy to fix. It seems to pick up the exact model of car from the Vin Number you enter when you first sign in to the app. They must have a database somewhere of the tyre pressures for each model so they can stick the label on the door pillar, the app just needs access to that database.

It probably depends on which settings it gives, surely they are different depending on load carried.

3 hours ago, billyboy said:

It probably depends on which settings it gives, surely they are different depending on load carried.

No it doesn't measure the load on the app it just shows your current (or last checked) tyre pressures for each corner then underneath says 30 Fronts 26 rears as recommended pressures.

What I was saying was the reason for the reading being 30/26 and the handbook saying 38/38

1 hour ago, billyboy said:

What I was saying was the reason for the reading being 30/26 and the handbook saying 38/38

It says 30/26 for my Fiesta ST-Line but that is not the correct pressure for any load according to the sticker on the door panel.

2 hours ago, Blatto said:

It says 30/26 for my Fiesta ST-Line but that is not the correct pressure for any load according to the sticker on the door panel.

My online handbook says F=33 R=26 (normal load) for the 205/45/17rs I have - pretty sure my door sticker does too.

Yes, that's my point. The Fordpass App recommended tyre pressure for my car does not correspond to the door sticker for any load/speed so either the door sticker is incorrect or the App is incorrect. (or both are incorrect is the other option I suppose 😃)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blatto said:

Yes, that's my point. The Fordpass App recommended tyre pressure for my car does not correspond to the door sticker for any load/speed so either the door sticker is incorrect or the App is incorrect. (or both are incorrect is the other option I suppose 😃)

In all situations, in this day and age, and speaking as an IT Systems Technician, I'd trust the sticker / handbook over an app every single time 😁

Sounds like good advice. 33/26 same pressures as my previous MK7 ST-Line seemed to work fine on that 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club