Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi

Focused87

Hi. 

I've been after a Focus Zetec S for a while. 

Recently found a 2012 model with around 73,000 mileage, full service history and a decent MOT History. It's the 1.6 diesel on 115ps. 

Is this as good as it looks or should I steer clear? 

Anything about this engine that's as bad as what I've read about the 1.6 EcoBoost? 

Thanks for reading. 

Focused87

29 minutes ago, Focused87 said:

It's the 1.6 diesel on 115ps. 

That should be the DV6C, the successor to the Mk2/2a DV6 engine. The old DV6 had several serious problems, but they all seem to be fixed in the DV6C, and generally it seems to be a sound and reliable engine.

The 1.6Ecoboost is totally different, it is a very complex petrol engine that runs hot by design, and has had serious problems due to overheating. Whether these problems have been entirely fixed is a matter of opinion. Hot plastic parts will degrade with time, and will ultimately fail with consequences that can be expensive.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

That should be the DV6C, the successor to the Mk2/2a DV6 engine. The old DV6 had several serious problems, but they all seem to be fixed in the DV6C, and generally it seems to be a sound and reliable engine.

The 1.6Ecoboost is totally different, it is a very complex petrol engine that runs hot by design, and has had serious problems due to overheating. Whether these problems have been entirely fixed is a matter of opinion. Hot plastic parts will degrade with time, and will ultimately fail with consequences that can be expensive.

Cheers Tdci-Peter I appreciate the info.

I ran it through Etis and it says Duratorq CR TC (115PS) - DV6. 

Is this particular variant worth staying away from in this case regarding the DV6's issues? 

Thanks again. 

Focused87

Main issues on the DV6C are injectors, clutch and gearbox...  Though mine was utter rubbish, (not just the engine, the whole car...it was only 6 years old and 42k as well!) so I wouldn't buy another personally. :laugh: 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Main issues on the DV6C are injectors, clutch and gearbox...  Though mine was utter rubbish, (not just the engine, the whole car...it was only 6 years old and 42k as well!) so I wouldn't buy another personally. :laugh: 

Cheers TomsFocus it's funny you mention that as some of the issues I read that the car has revolve around the clutch. Saw that in a few situations it was slipping or getting stuck to the floor. 

I think I'll be giving it a swerve. Seller asked me about deposit before I'd seen the car. Seemed a little keen. Could be innocent - could be potential car issues driving that want / need to get rid. 

Cheers. The info I've had here has saved me a decent amount of time and, possible worst case scenario - money. 

Thanks again TomsFocus. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Focused87 said:

Cheers TomsFocus it's funny you mention that as some of the issues I read that the car has revolve around the clutch. Saw that in a few situations it was slipping or getting stuck to the floor. 

I think I'll be giving it a swerve. Seller asked me about deposit before I'd seen the car. Seemed a little keen. Could be innocent - could be potential car issues driving that want / need to get rid. 

Cheers. The info I've had here has saved me a decent amount of time and, possible worst case scenario - money. 

Thanks again TomsFocus. 

No worries.  Definitely avoid any Mk3's with clutch faults!  

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club