Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ecoboost 1.0 125 - Engine Coolant (65 Plate)

Grezz24

Hello,

What is the best engine coolant / Anti freeze for my 65 Plate Ford Focus (EcoBoost 1.0. 125)

I believe its an orange/red/pink ish coolant thats in at present, but im unsure which to add to top up / if i can mix colors etc?

Thanks

Motorcraft super plus premium (Ford spec: WSS-M97B44-D).  If the colour isn't the same don't worry about it, apparently they are making this stuff all sorts of different colours these days. https://parts.vospers.com/genuine-ford-super-plus-premium-anti-freeze-coolant-1ltr.html (Info on changing colours/shades).

Thanks for that, what would you recommend for something that i can pick up in a supermarket etc? or are they not worth messing around with?

I need to top up ahead of this weekend as i will be driving around 1000 miles over the weekend so i want to make sure im where i need to be coolant wise.

Anything with the right spec: wss-m97b44-d

Last top up bottle I got from a local auto shop, made by Bluecol (OE 30/34). 

52 minutes ago, 0shiny1 said:

Anything with the right spec: wss-m97b44-d

Last top up bottle I got from a local auto shop, made by Bluecol (OE 30/34). 

How would I find where the spec is - took a look at a few bottles and can’t see it? 

image.jpg

Can't see any coolant in you photo.  Best ask the person behind the counter, the spec is usually printed on the front of the bottle. 

I hope you're not still in Halfords 30 minutes after that post...but it's this one...

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/antifreeze/halfords-oat-ready-mixed-antifreeze-2-litres

Edit - I should've gone to Specsavers!  I realise now that's ASDA not Halfords. 🤦‍♂️:laugh:  Basically, almost any pink stuff should be fine for a top up, ECP do Triple QX if you're near one.  Really depends which shops are near you.

Damn it I spotted some Cadburys snowy fingers in that pic, now I'm hungry...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 0shiny1 said:

Damn it I spotted some Cadburys snowy fingers in that pic, now I'm hungry...

That's definitely an interesting decision made there...what on earth did they swap chocolate fingers for in that section!? :laugh: 

Winds me up no end when people don't return stuff properly...I used to work as a filler & facer (shelf stacker) back in the day though....one job where OCD was useful. :lol: 

• Like 1

Who knows?!  £10 for some choccy fingers I'd pass on that and go hungry!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club