Do Not Sell My Personal Information

which xenon bulb

michaelburrows

i have a 62 plate titanium x with factory fitted bixenon low beams.  i am hoping to replace the standard oem fitted bulbs to try and improve my night time driving. it looks like the best choices are either phillips or osram.  at about 160 pounds for the pair id like to make the right choice. has anyone upgraded theirs   what difference did it make  and was it worth the outlay.

£160 is a lot. My Osram Cool Blue Intense D3S were about £60 each from amazon

In terms of value: they're better than the stock and provide a nicer light, but probably not 120% better. Probably 50%...

Not a Focus, but I use the D1S Cool Blue Intense bulbs in my Mondeo. They are slightly brighter and whiter than the originals and were fitted about 5 1/2 years ago. I've been thinking about getting the Nightbreaker Laser as they are supposed to be much brighter, though not as white, but the cost is putting me off for now.

£160 seems a lot (depending on what model bulbs you're looking at), have a look on amazon...but if you buy from there make sure it's 'sold by' amazon as there are fakes out there from some suppliers.

yes im lead to believe amazon stocks loads of fake d3s type xenon bulbs.    iv also been thinking the osram laser but would like a review from someone b4 i lay out the cash

Bear in mind that new bulbs will only affect the light below the cut off. If you're looking to increase the light above the cut off then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. 

I have the Osram Cool Blue Intense. They look a bit feeble compared to other cars on the M1, but work pretty well on unlit roads. Not amazing, but noticeably better than original bulbs

On high beam it's like having two small white suns on the front of the car. 

why do they look feeble compared with other cars tho.  whats wrong or not as gud about focus bixenons. if im liky to be disapointed tberes really not much point in the spend. 

Lighting technology has moved on in recent years, with better reflectors, LED, laser headlights, etc. When I first had HID lights they were very rare and they felt quite unique; these days every other car seems to have HID or LED lights. 

Upgraded bulbs do make a difference, but not by a huge amount. A combination of cleaning or renewing the projector lens plus new bulbs makes a big difference. I've only renewed the projector lens on a Mondeo, and it was a right pain and not cheap - not tried on the Focus. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club