Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 MK2 Focus Servo-Steering

Heleas03

Hello, I have a 2006 MK2 Focus (EU) 1.4 petrol engine and I wonder can the servo fluids affect how hard is to turn the steering wheel? I mean the fluid wasn't changed since the car ran out from the factory and I find it a bit hard to turn compared to other servo-wheels, but the fluid level is O.K.

I don't know if the MK 2 is the same as the MK 2.5, but with my MK 2.5 you could change the steering assistance via the menu accessed from the indicator stalk, although this may have been because that car had sports suspension. 

Nope, I don't have neither sport suspension nor the "option" in the menu to change something on the car. Although I do have the ability to use the menu but its just for avg speed, l/km etc. I think on the MK2.5 it has electronic servo assistance so its easen by the "computer" beside the fluid.

On both the MK2 and MK2.5 all engine types have EHPAS (Electro Hydraulic Power Assisted Steering) except the 1.4/1.6 Duratec (including the 1.6 TI-VCT) petrol engines. The 1.4/1.6 Duratec petrol engine has a conventional hydraulic power steering pump that is driven by the engine. 

The conventional power steering is known to be pretty responsive but also a bit heavy compared to many other make and car models. Especially when the car has wider tyres. 

• Like 1

Maybe you could try running the front tyres at a slightly higher pressure,try 5 PSI  higher and see how that feels,if it’s better great and you could go a bit higher but you risk a hard teeth chattering ride because the more you inflate the tyres the less give there is in the tyre wall plus the tyres can start to wear prematurely so don’t go to far !!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club