Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 Sync3 Voice Commands for USB Music Not Working

Jonson

Wondering if this is related to recent software update, can't tell for sure when the problem started:

I have a USB stick containing music files plugged in. I used to be able to select music using the voice commands "play artist ...." or "play album....." etc. and it worked flawlessly, picking up the correct file, or offering me options if there were several alternative.

However, now, if I try using voice commands in the same way, it doesn't seem to realise that I am trying to select a music file, instead it offers me a selection of options which look like they are addresses that it has tried to match to my music request by voice recognition. It's really annoying!

I was wondering if the mic. or voice recognition was up the spout, but it works flawlessly for all other voice commands - nav, phone, radio etc.

Anyone else experiencing this, or able to check?? Many thanks.

Anybody?

It's driving me nuts. It's like it doesn't undestand the "play" command, or it's looking at the index for POIs rather than the music index. Same with different USB drives and different people trying the voice command.

I have had USB sticks that become corrupt as they do have a working life. Try another stick?

• 2 weeks later...

Now fixed. So for reference:

The media player function of Sync3 builds and saves a media index for USB drives. It recognises an (unchanged) previously used drive, so it doesn't rebuild the index every time it is plugged in.

For some reason (software upgrade?) my media index (for all the drives I had used) was corrupted, which resulted in the strange behaviour described above. Voice commands worked perfectly for a new USB drive. Having looked more closely in the Sync3 settings for the media player, there is an option to reset the media index. I did this, and voice commands now work again for my old USB drives (after Sync3 had rebuilt the media index for them).

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club