Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF

hotboxcharlie

well ive had the 2010tdci focus for 2 yrs now its done 114000 and not once has the DPF regen lit up ive never heard the fans stay on after switching motor off ,it did have a DPF clean at south west remaps just before i bought it maybe im just getting the right mix of driving i do tend to try and get a good run in every week and have just completed 1100mls around yorky moors and 75/80mph on the motorway up and back from devon ,is it possible the DPF has been doctored it looks intact ,ive had various other probs with fuel low pressure which i cured with a new filter the old one had been on since 2012 [marked date on fitting] i still get the engine management light pop on on the odd occation usually on overrun with air con and headlights on just wondering if alternator may cause it to sight up or battery getting weak causing blip in voltage ,i would like to sell it on but worried about anyone have a problem with it ,autotrader value PX as £680

if I remember correctly Forscan software (free for Windows devices, about 6 quid for Apple/Android) tells you the mileage driven since last regen.  You would need a ELM327 type faultcode reader.  eg.   https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

this seller has been recomended on this forum many times.  You can get these type of readers cheaper on eBay etc but some of them are rubbish and there is no way of telling before you use it. More peace of mind if you got a tunnelrat one as opposed to taking a chance on cheaper ones.

iv a 2.0 tdci 62 plate duratorq engine.  iv also not heard the fans   not smelt the burning smell either.  but i was alsodriving bk from north yorkshire using my ondash computer showi g average mpg.  going along quite happily at about 70  showi g about 58mpg.  then i noticed the mpgs dropping . it dropped to about 42 mpgs . my driving style or speed hadnt changed.  the temp had gone up to just u der half from just over a quarter where it usually sits.   i assume that was as much info i was going to get about a regeneration taking place. i also dont thi k there is a light on the dash that shows a regen is happening.think mine has what i think is known as a cdpf  a coated diesel particulate filter which again i think has less problem than normal older dpf which youres may have.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club