Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK2 Granada Ghia X Injection 5 speed manual

Morgz123

Hello, 

My father owned a Mk2 Granada 1983, but sadly he passed away almost 7 years ago.  The mileage is less than 10,500 and I recall my dad saying it was rare as an Injection Ghia x with a 5-speed manual gearbox.  It's been sat on my mum's driveway exposed to the elements since 2013, however she's now selling up and downsizing which unfortunately means there'll be no room for the Granada.  I really wish I had somewhere to keep it myself and one day restore it, although unfortunately it looks like our only option is to sell it.  The car hasn't ran for over 8 years.  Can anyone suggest how much this car might be worth?  Over the last few years we've had people knock on the door having seen it on the drive and offer anywhere from £1-2.5k - could it be worth much more than this?

Thanks

Is it a hard standing drive or just grass/mud?  If it's been sat on damp grass all that time it might only be worth scrap by now.  If not, hopefully rust hasn't set in 'too' badly...it really depends what the underneath looks like though, would you be able to poke around under there and see if the chassis rails or floorpans are rotten?

Engines are easy to repair, chassis welding not so much.  

Tricky one as Tom says and the value as a whole car is dependent on body/chassis condition.  I would have thought there would be some demand for parts particularly if the interior is decent, for instance.

The manual is rare I think, all the ones I remember from back then were autos as the X was usually fully specced up. If the engine/box is salvageable there could be demand from 2.8I Capri restorers.

Could you possibly post up some pics on here so those with a bit more expertise on these cars could give an opinion?  Might also stimulate some buying interest.

could also make a big difference if you could prove it runs and rolls.   eg. engine starts, goes into gear, clutch not stuck, brakes not stuck.

look at eBay. I know the price people ask does not prove what they actually go for.

I am not surprised people have knocked on the door.  That is a desirable car.

3 hours ago, isetta said:

could also make a big difference if you could prove it runs and rolls.   eg. engine starts, goes into gear, clutch not stuck, brakes not stuck.

Agreed, but as Scott is apparently not in a position to be undertaking much work on the car I'd err towards caution.  If the car's not actually been started or moved in over 8 years I'd be inclined to confine myself to possibly seeing if the engine will turn over manually with the plugs out to check if it's seized, and leave anything else to a potential buyer.

Thanks for all your replies, I’ve had a chance to see it today for the first time in a long time.  It’s been sat on a drive way, covered the past year.

It’s in a far worst state than I thought, interior damp, water collected in the footwells etc... I really wouldn’t know what I’m looking at in terms of checking the condition of the chassis. Here’s a few pictures of the exterior anyway.

Really sad to see it in this state, but unfortunately I just wasn’t in a position to take proper care of it (I’m in my early 20s now so was still in my mid teens when it was left with us). 
 Would the best bet just be an eBay listing?  Or is that futile unless someone who knows what they’re looking at has inspected the chassis?

07E95049-BFBA-40A5-9052-91D3613D49E3.jpeg

53FC6563-16A1-4DE4-9A07-E090D16D7E0F.jpeg

17B04C06-4E07-4BBE-BE7C-9C508789B000.jpeg

9E5E893C-8535-40D9-80BA-E7941E16B1D2.jpeg

51DA0215-B791-4008-9727-0158B612CE0B.jpeg

6F3DED28-628A-458C-8543-99F912187B52.jpeg

731C801A-A392-4253-9E25-EB0D859D65A1.jpeg

4E5E3C2D-CCB3-425F-9C1D-6ED90288365E.jpeg

Had one of those in slate grey in 1985 - great cars - fast and comfortable

Looking at your pics though it is going to be a massive restoration to bring back the body and interior - unfortunately covering a car outside just holds in the damp which condenses and gets absolutely everywhere. Looking at the extent of the rot on the bonnet leading edge and the trailing edge of the front offside wing I'd hazard a guess that the cills, chassis and floor pans have been affected also.

As others have said if you could at least say it is not seized you would be best selling it as is for "spares or repair" I'm sure there will be a demand for parts off a motor like that

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Might be worth posting  a few pictures on the retrorides forum, someone on there may be interested.

On 10/27/2019 at 6:14 PM, Morgz123 said:

Thanks for all your replies, I’ve had a chance to see it today for the first time in a long time.  It’s been sat on a drive way, covered the past year.

It’s in a far worst state than I thought, interior damp, water collected in the footwells etc... I really wouldn’t know what I’m looking at in terms of checking the condition of the chassis. Here’s a few pictures of the exterior anyway.

Really sad to see it in this state, but unfortunately I just wasn’t in a position to take proper care of it (I’m in my early 20s now so was still in my mid teens when it was left with us). 
 Would the best bet just be an eBay listing?  Or is that futile unless someone who knows what they’re looking at has inspected the chassis?

Oh dear. :sad:  With that amount of damp and surface rust, I'd expect the underside to be pretty poor in all honesty.

If you're on Facebook, you could check for local Retro car groups.  If there aren't any near you, you could always join my local one which is East Coast Retros, there's a big Ford following on there so they should be able to advise what sort of price it's worth, and may even make an offer for it.

If you choose to put it on eBay auction, most buyers will want to come and view it (and check the underside) themselves before the auction ends.  You could also try Gumtree & FB Marketplace which are both free if you've got an idea of price in mind.

Quick update:  my mum found a note which was left by a passer by around 5 years ago and I reached out to him.  He came and had a look in the week and has since bought it.  He deemed it too far gone to restore but assured us the parts would go to a good home on his current Granada.  
Thanks for everyone’s input on here. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club