Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fedup is a under statement

Tekman

What sort of alloy wheels are they? In other words, does the wheel fit snugly over the spigot to centre the wheel correctly?
If they are after market alloy wheels, do you have the correct spigot rings?

Just my 2p into the jar.

24 minutes ago, kibi said:

What sort of alloy wheels are they? In other words, does the wheel fit snugly over the spigot to centre the wheel correctly?
If they are after market alloy wheels, do you have the correct spigot rings?

Just my 2p into the jar.

Hi Mate yes 1st set was 16 " original to car , second set was ford Focus 17" titanium now I have a set of titanium ones of a 16 plate focus no spigot rings require but thank you for try

In the words of that famous Ford Focus philosopher, Sherlock Holmes, " It is an old maxim of mine that when you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth..." I have my fingers crossed on your weekend project!.

• Like 2

Update I tryed using the tool on car to do bush`s well lets say I took the whole arm off car clamped it in vice and marked arm to make suree I put new bush in right way lol

so that sorted and vibration still there , 😭😭  Totaly fed up by now Looked at other cars but nothing gives me what this does ( blooming Headache ) so sat down with wife and talked about what Stephen Said eliminate all impossible and what ever is left must be true so this is what I did

Engine/ gearbox vibration  = started car hot engine took it up rev`s and whatched and used amplified stethascope to listen for anything out of norm   Result OK no change

Driveshafts  = because I had changed them twice even went has far has using different brand`s     Result No change in symptoms so accept all ok 

Hubs and bearings changed them along with bottom arms.  Result ok no change

brake disc`s and brakes  = I have changed Disk`s and pads twice also checked calipers and changed fluid    Result No change in symptoms no vibtation when braking so accept all ok

Steering system   = changed pump and new fluid feels ok with movement , allready changed rack ends and track rod ends so go another set then had it re tracked on computer super tracker                 

so result is no change is symptoms still getting vibration from 50mph  on :wallbash:

So Wheels I had bought some ford alloys 16" with tyres so no change so swapped front to rear no change bought a set of 17" Titanium of 15 plate vibration still there swapped front to rear no change , So went and got another set of 16" ford focus alloys with Contintal tyres put them on sold all others still vibration took it and had front wheels rechecked and balanced.

Result  no change vibration still there so stopped re, thought everything over and the only thing I havent really checked is wheels I know I have changed them a number of times and should be ok even having them re balanced I can I surely know = so got daughters cmax wich has 16" snowflakes on with new tyres and she has no vibration or problems so took my two front off and put them on hers and hers on mine took mine for drive and :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:no vibration nowt nothing tryed it up and down a dual cabbageway.

so Just goes to show even if its different dont trust its fine and wheels even balanced still had a problem did inspect but no signs of a problem because I had bought different ones I dismissed it and it caused me a lot of pain.

So now I know what`s wrong ethier buy another set :whistling: and take a chance they ok or find wich one is problem and replace it 

Thank you to all who have been helping me through this swamp of trouble

• Like 2

Ah well.

At least you now have a car with basically a brand new suspension, brake and drive train.

😃

So, Sherlock Holmes was right then, he usually is LOL

• Haha 1

seem remarkable you had the same vibration through 3 sets of wheels and tyres...

then tired another set and its OK, r u sure the ones you had are the right ones for the car?

shouldn't the thread title get updated to.... empty wallet, but cheered up a bit now

• Haha 1

Just now, Botus said:

seem remarkable you had the same vibration through 3 sets of wheels and tyres...

then tired another set and its OK, r u sure the ones you had are the right ones for the car?

Hi Mate Yes checked off set, stud diameter ,rim size , First set off a Focus 07 cc second set off same make that made me with 8 wheels from cc take into account that these where accident damaged cars and could easy have damaged wheel you never know 3 set where from a 17" focus titanium  off eBay did see car they came off did say he upgraded thats why sale .

set I have on now mk4 focus 10 spoke 

when you buy a set of wheels its easy to believe people when they say they ok and because I had them re balanced I believed they ok however I have learnt it could be a weak side wall on one of tyres pot hole damage it only has to be slight to cause a problem.

it could have been a number of things and what I have done is continue to dismiss wheels and tyres without really checking using another cars that you know are ok

But just spoke to a guy who used to do tyres and he smiled and said yep it can happen

SO I have leaned a good lesson

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tekman said:

But just spoke to a guy who used to do tyres and he smiled and said yep it can happen

Yes, I had a somewhat similar experience with a nearly new (Ford Direct) Fiesta I bought about 10 years ago - it seemed fine then the steering wheel would suddenly vibrate alarmingly to the extent of almost losing control. . Dealer re-balanced everything - no change. Swapped wheels from another car in stock - no change. All alignments checked - no change. Wheels swapped from another car again - no change. Car swapped for a new one under very good deal - big improvement!😀 Good to see you've got to the bottom of it!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club