Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen sensors

Px52 bau

Hi there i have an 07 fiesta ghia and the heated front screen button doesnt light up rear one does and the autolights switch doesnt work either tho the other light switches all work fine as does the lights.the thing is i have a small chip on my windscreen drivers side which i am going to replace and was wondering if this chip on screen is causing the sensors not to work.windscreen i think is original as it has ford pilkington stamped on it so dont think sensor fault could be result of windscreen being fitted after the original.any all advice welcome.thanks

Is it possible that the switches aren't the original ones and you don't have a heated screen or auto lights at all?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No defo has heated screen its the ghia version so standard spec on them.

You'd have to be unlucky to get a chip right over the light sensor?  Do the auto-wipers still work?  They work from the same sensor, albeit different parts of it.

The heated screen button shouldn't be affected by a chip.  At worst you just lose the heater function on one half of the screen.  How good is your battery?  The heated windscreen takes a huge amount of power so the car disables it if it's already struggling for charge.

The chip is in the drivers main vision about 10 inches up from bottom of screen not near the sensor the auto wipers and auto lights dont work either and the battery is all good as had a full charge on it about a month ago.battery is fords own.beginning to think there could be a loose connection in the sensors which hopefully can be sorted when windscreen gets replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club