Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Daytime Running Lights

AdamC11

Hi Guys,

Im considering buying some of the daytime running lights.

Which are the best ones to go for and where is the best place to put them on a MK7 Fiesta (pics of anybody who has done it)

Cheers

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mark t

• Nico.

• beanaldo

• Xxmdfxx

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a guy somewhere on here thats done it and also included a helpfull guide, he also made a link for the lights he used.

search the forum from the bottom search bar.

I forget who it was sorry.

i like the car with the lights on. Is there no other way to connect them though as i wouldnt want them with my side light turned on, as i dont want to change the colour of the bulbs.

i like the car with the lights on. Is there no other way to connect them though as i wouldnt want them with my side light turned on, as i dont want to change the colour of the bulbs.

they are linked up to my sidelights, but i aint too sure about any other way... if you buy the expensive block ones that on the grill they link to the battery i think

ok then. iv just gone a bought a hynes manual and been looking through it until i got to the fuse box. It turns out there is a fuse for "daytime running lights" (iv got the mk6.5 btw)so there might be a way to do it through that. Also my dads an electrision so he said there is probably a way to hook it up to the ignition so you dont need any other lights on for it to work. so im going to order them tonight so hopfully they will arive near the end of the week.

good luck with it! if you get them on put some pics up :) i do think it adds a nice touch too the car... and when its just going dark they look at there best!

well thats it they have been bought. ill post pics up when iv done it. will be good to see what they look like on mine as it isnt the mk 7

this vid is a fiesta with them lights near the lights so have a look at it :)

yeh the car does look abit tacky with the shopping list down side but still gives you an idea :)

I've just bought some too, and some red ones (just to be tricky!!) Is there any way they can be connected to the power [into] the starter motor? so when you start it, they come on? Or does anyone know of the roof ambient lights? as these are always on, as the other two only work with your lights!

Oh, and can I say, I'm a little scared of electricity!

I've just bought some too, and some red ones (just to be tricky!!) Is there any way they can be connected to the power [into] the starter motor? so when you start it, they come on? Or does anyone know of the roof ambient lights? as these are always on, as the other two only work with your lights!

Oh, and can I say, I'm a little scared of electricity!

im sorry guys but that fiesta looks like a tacky mobile disco i hope to god no ones planning on copying it

im sorry guys but that fiesta looks like a tacky mobile disco i hope to god no ones planning on copying it

opinions mate, opinions... i i think they look the sheeet when you see them on a dark night

I'm trying to catch my man at work, which is easier said than done, as he only works when he has work, so you have to catch him working to give him work! But he knowsan auto electrics man, which I will need to wire them up!! As he knows what he's doing, abd electricity scares me, I can wire a plug, but the car I need to get to work to earn money, to pay for it, and fill it up, to get to work, to earn money, to.....

yaaaay they arived today. didnt have time to connect them to my battery so i ran them through a 9v battery and they are so bright even through that. so if i have time im guna place them in there home tomorrow and then wire them up when i feel safe todo so( time is needed as well)

yaaaay they arived today. didnt have time to connect them to my battery so i ran them through a 9v battery and they are so bright even through that. so if i have time im guna place them in there home tomorrow and then wire them up when i feel safe todo so( time is needed as well)

i would be interested too see how this one goes with you wiring them to your battery... i didnt want too fuss about with it too much with the warranty stuff incase i ruined that!

Mine arrive all the way from the USofA, and a pair or red ones too, which I think will fit down the gap between the rear light and the boot lid perfectly! Will fit them Friday, then ring the auto electrics man, to see when he can wire them up, front ones dead easy, back ones, easier said than done!

Mine arrive all the way from the USofA, and a pair or red ones too, which I think will fit down the gap between the rear light and the boot lid perfectly! Will fit them Friday, then ring the auto electrics man, to see when he can wire them up, front ones dead easy, back ones, easier said than done!

where you putting the red ones?? in the boot??

I think, as I've attempted to try them, which is easier said than done, when they are vertical, but the gap between the lights, and the boot lid, they seem to fit!

BTW, I didn't want to stick them there, until I knew they'd fit!

Never seen rear drl's before, are they even road legal? Pics when youve got it done?

thats what i thought... i somehow dont think they will be