Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 STLine footwell ambient lights

johnH

Hi all. Just looking at adding footwells...jusy doing prelim work first. I know on the mk8 fiesta theres a post about them having the plugs. However on looking im struggling to find them (if fitted at all) however i found this...

3 wires are:

Green/orange

Green

Grey

Added a picture to show. Is this the focus footwell plug or is this something else before i start taking dash apart?

20191102_142724.jpg

Cant really tell from the picture, but on a MK3, the plug is a small white one...?

Aye its an awkward one to get hold of its right up the footwell drivers side. It looks like its clipped into something for holding it but doesnt appear to have any purpose. Cant seem to get hold of any wiring diagrams either to check.

Ive seen on vids for the mk3 the white connector but thought new car new connectors etc.

The original lights for the MK3 are just a small PCB with an led on them. I can't imagine they would change it that drastically for the MK4. The plug I can see looks far too big for footwell lighting really. 

I've been known to be wrong though

🙂 

• 9 months later...

Hi, did you manage to fit footwell lights? There should be green/red, orange and black/blue wires. I didn´t find it in my. Thank you for your reply.

I'd like to know about this too. my ST Line has lights in the drink holders but not footwells, it doesn't have the option to change the colours on the screen. A bit disappointed as I thought the ST Line would have full ambients.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking at getting footwell lights to fit into the fuse box with a piggy back fuse, but can't work out which fuse on the Mk4 Focus is for the interior lights. I couldn't see any reference to interior lights fuse in the manual. 

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2020 at 10:49 AM, martinb14 said:

I'm looking at getting footwell lights to fit into the fuse box with a piggy back fuse, but can't work out which fuse on the Mk4 Focus is for the interior lights. I couldn't see any reference to interior lights fuse in the manual. 

Did you find out which fuse to use I'm having the same issue.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club