Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Efficiency stats (MPG)

SamThompson

Just wanted to ask what sort of MPG are you getting in your edges?

I’ve got a Ford Edge 2.0 TDCi 210 Sport powershift.

Over the past 2,000 miles I’ve recorded an average of 30.6 Mpg with most of these being around town (Sheffield to be exact)

Last weekend I drove from Sheffield to Tattershall Lakes and back which is about a 150 miles round trip and only managed to get 38.4 on average for the full trip. This was using the A1 and then country roads.

Are these the average results you’re all getting in your Edges. I just feel like they should be better.

I get around 28mpg around town and can touch 40mpg on a long motorway run (using cruise control). You have to remember the Edge is heavy - almost two tons, so it's never going to have the best fuel economy.

I average 32 round town and 40-42 on a long run. Mine is a 230 Sport Powershift. 

Around town on my 210PS Auto Sport is about 34mpg. Long distance motorway driving is around 42mpg. Never use cruise control as its quite heavy on the fuel (about 3mpg more), you can do it more efficiently manually! If you're getting around 30mpg, you need some lighter shoes! :laughing:

I haven't reset my "trip 1" since I bought the car and over 21000miles so far I've averaged 35.4mpg. Thats a mix of motorway and town driving.

Did a 3000mile road trip this year and that was a lot of motorway (ranging from 70mph cruise to 130mph cruise depending on country) with city driving mixed in and that averaged 39.4mpg

Im the same as Trent Edge, never reset one of the Trips, have now covered 12000 miles in 14 months with an average of 37mpg.

Thats the daily commute, weekends away and all the trips to different clubs in the evening that the kids attend, So a good mix of different driving styles

my 2017 Edge sport used to get about 36mpg average (70/30 round town and longer stretches) I then had it remapped and get around 41mpg on the same mix of driving now. I rarely use cruise control but do use the speed limiter all the time (limit +3mph)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stevekdavis said:

my 2017 Edge sport used to get about 36mpg average (70/30 round town and longer stretches) I then had it remapped and get around 41mpg on the same mix of driving now. I rarely use cruise control but do use the speed limiter all the time (limit +3mph)

What remap did you get? Was it a performance or efficiency one? Did you take it somewhere or use a flash/plug?

Hadn't checked my Edge (2018 Sport 235ps auto) on a long journey for a while, so last weekend did my home in Shropshire up to Doncaster

Apart from the first 12 miles which is the A5, the rest was dual carriageway and Motorway.

Kept to 70mph and used cruise control most of the way on Motorways

110 Miles each way and averaged 37.9 overall

Quite happy with that really

I have the same model, mpg usually shows about 30 about town, but on longer motorway runs stick on the cruise control (68mph) and it soon gets up to 38 - 40

but where's the fun in that lol

• 3 weeks later...
What remap did you get? Was it a performance or efficiency one? Did you take it somewhere or use a flash/plug?

It was an efficiency remap and I had someone come to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 67 plate ST-line 210 powershift, Nov 2017, 72000 miles, average 35.9mpg.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club