Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 Fiesta Headlight Levelling Adjustment Problem

Uncle Tommy

Hello,

I have 1.4 petrol Mk6.5 Fiesta 107k miles, and I have problem with my headlight shine wayy too high, as my MOT told me about that.

My Fiesta was park and engine are running, I switch on my headlight (dip beam) then I use switch to adjust the headlight levelling (0 to 5), that can found inside of vehicle, near headlight switch. I noticed, all the numbers does do nothing, and barely movement. My headlight have running LED dip and main beam, I cannot to find any the fuse, not on the Ford manual handbook, or online information, and asking people on facebook but no replied, like it is complete lacking!

My thought, it could bad motor, fuse blown, or bad switch? I haven't test left or right movement yet, but I was hoping cheaper and easy to fix.

Does anyone know, what is fault could be, so I can talk with MOT to re-check levelling after it is repair, but lately I have no lucks about the problem, and I will check the problem at tomorrow.

The levelling for MOT purposes is done manually using a screwdriver on top of the light unit, it takes just seconds for an MOT garage to do it for you, you wont be able to get it right without using their beam tester anyway.

The internal adjuster is only designed to lower the lights when you have a bootful of luggage.  

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The levelling for MOT purposes is done manually using a screwdriver on top of the light unit, it takes just seconds for an MOT garage to do it for you, you wont be able to get it right without using their beam tester anyway.

The internal adjuster is only designed to lower the lights when you have a bootful of luggage.  

It was fail, only one on recently mot because;

" Headlamp levelling device inoperative (4.1.5 (a)) "

My MOT Tester said my LED bulb was aiming too High, and I shown him my old bulb and he letting me to pass it because I would sort out at tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Uncle Tommy said:

It was fail, only one on recently mot because;

" Headlamp levelling device inoperative (4.1.5 (a)) "

My MOT Tester said my LED bulb was aiming too High, and I shown him my old bulb and he letting me to pass it because I would sort out at tomorrow.

Oh ok, he's done you a favour there really, that's not the correct fail for the beam being too high. 

Can you hear the adjuster working at all?  And is it just one side or both the same?

Update; It was only one passenger headlight levelling motor died, also dodgy led bulb. It all fixed, bulb downupgrade to standard and new headlight, all fixed.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi guys

Could anyone please explain the internal motor in the left hand 2006 fiesta continues to run on and on,Drivers side works fine

Left hand side is running on without moving the lens

Any help would be very appreciated

All the best Darryll

The motor is running on probably because it cannot move the lens.

If you adjust the control, you might find the motor will stop at a certain point, if the beam is OK, then you could leave it there.  I have not tried to dismantle a Fiesta headlamp to sort a problem like this, just take heart that a new headlamp for a Fiesta is probably about £100, but if it happens to your Jaguar XF, it is about £1000 !

Thank you for your input

Is there a right way to disconnect this internal motor

It just continues to wind 

What I do not know if this would be an MOT Failure " Non working Headlight adjustment " ???

Are the symptons the same with the H4 out ?  There is a common connection to the bulb.....

23 hours ago, Paulkp said:

What I do not know if this would be an MOT Failure " Non working Headlight adjustment " ???

Are the symptons the same with the H4 out ?  There is a common connection to the bulb.....

Lightning is all working fine 

It's just the left hand side internal light lens motor is continuously running on

Driving side is doing what it should

Lightning module maybe faulty??

It may be running on if when setting it is not reaching a limit switch somewhere to say it has reached the right position.

Your lighting may be working fine but if the beam is not at the correct level or alignment then it will probably be an Mot fail. If it cannot be adjusted it will probably mean a light unit replacement.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mavroz said:

It may be running on if when setting it is not reaching a limit switch somewhere to say it has reached the right position.

Your lighting may be working fine but if the beam is not at the correct level or alignment then it will probably be an Mot fail. If it cannot be adjusted it will probably mean a light unit replacement.

Makes sense 

Thank you very much for your input

The Headlamp levelling uses a unique earth from pin 7 on the main headlamp connector to earth E4, and I think the control signal from the headlamp switch uses pin 5. (the Haynes manual is not sure!), have you checked contacts in the connector ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club